Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:01:52 AM EDT
The Nature of Christ's Salvation Misrepresented by the Present-day "Evangelist."

Arthur W. Pink

The nature of Christ's salvation is woefully misrepresented by the present-day "evangelist." He announces a Savior from hell rather than a Savior from sin. And that is why so many are fatally deceived, for there are multitudes who wish to escape the Lake of fire who have no desire to be delivered from their carnality and worldliness. The very first thing said of Him in the New Testament is, "Thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people (not "from the wrath to come," but) from their sins." (Matt. 1:21) Christ is a Savior for those realizing something of the exceeding sinfulness of sin, who feel the awful burden of it on their conscience, who loathe themselves for it, who long to be freed from its terrible dominion; and a Savior for no others. Were He to "save from hell" those still in love with sin, He would be a Minister of sin, condoning their wickedness and siding with them against God. What an unspeakably horrible and blasphemous thing with which to charge the Holy One!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]

You meet someone unchurched.  You got maybe five minutes of someones attention that you'll probably never see again how do you get to the point without "Are you going to heaven/hell"?  I think what it comes down to is hit-n-run evangelism unintentionally leave some people deceived.

Shok
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You meet someone unchurched.  You got maybe five minutes of someones attention that you'll probably never see again how do you get to the point without "Are you going to heaven/hell"?  I think what it comes down to is hit-n-run evangelism unintentionally leave some people deceived.

Shok

People should remember that evangelism isn't supposed to be hit-and-run where we go from clueless lost guy to saint in 5 minutes, but, rather, one plants, one waters, another reaps.

Do what is appointed to you in any given case.

(I'm not saying that I disagree with you - I'm just saying that in the long run, it's better to plant, water, or reap, as the opportunity presents itself, than to take shortcuts w/ the Gospel.

edit:

As an aside, where did the word 'unchurched' come from?

I've heard it used before, but never have been really comofrtable with it.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]

I don't know the origin of "unchurched".  I consider myself unchurched until the age of 18.  I went to Sunday service twice in those 18 years and had no idea who Jesus was or what the bible said.  I had not accepted, rejected, or any knowledge of salvation.

Shok
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
you meet someone unchurched. You got maybe five minutes of someones attention that you'll probably never see again how do you get to the point without "Are you going to heaven/hell"? I think what it comes down to is hit-n-run evangelism unintentionally leave some people deceived.

Shok
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Recently bought the way of the master course. www.wayofthemaster.com

It has some very good information on street preaching and being able to talk to people about being a Christian and getting them to see their need for Christ.  

Things they discuss in the beginning are how to lean a conversation in the direction of religious discuss. The main thing discuss is getting to peoples conscious mind and not what has been pumped into deceive them. Most of this can be done in a few short min.

Example: once the conversation is started they start by making people who all say their good people to realize their sin and how they are looked at from above. They will do this by asking a few short questions on how they have kept to the 10 commandments.

Have you ever told a lie? Person will respond sure I have
              What does that make you? (Common response) It makes me human.
               What would you call me if I told you a lie?  Well umm a liar I guess.
Have you ever stolen anything, no matter how small? Yes
                 What does that make you?   A thief I guess.
Have you ever committed adultery?(adding that Jesus says whoever has lusted about a woman has committed adultery in his heart.) The person would say yes.
                  What does that make you?  umm an adulterer I guess.

Then they go into. So by your own mouth you told me you’re a lying, stealing, adulterer by heart and we have only gone into 3 of the 10 commandments. When you face God on judgment day how do you think he will view you?

The person will go into how good of a person they are and he will understand that because they do more good than bad. (Opps they don’t realize it they just committed another sin. They have created their own god.)
             They then explain the god is just and will do what he says.
        Then they go into if someone committed a serious crime against you and 5 years later they where caught, and they explained to the judge that they have done only good things since they committed the act, would it be fair for that judge to let the person go?  People say of coarse not because the judge is supposed to be just. So would god be just if he did any different.

Then after the person is convinced about there sin and a little worried about there standing in the after life he breaks into the good news about Jesus and what he has done for them.

Its a very good dvd course and would recommend it to every body. Heck just talking about the course lets you preach a little with out someone noticing. I was truly impressed with Kurt Camron in the video preaching to some LA gang members on the street. LOL I was thinking now that’s some balls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top