Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 3:29:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now, I don't know if that thread was started in here or if it was moved here. I'm hoping it was moved into here, because there were some posts made in there that went way over the line for this forum. I'm leaving this that thread locked, because I don't feel like editing everything out.  

Since that thread was brought on by GM's thread "Scientists, please explain this to me", that was moved here, it definitely proves a point. GM tried to have a discussion in the GD that was not solely based on religion. Of course that didn't last long because of the posting rules for GD. I'm leaving that thread locked too.

The BS in that thread just set the tone for the rest of that discussion, and the new one that was started. This was one of the main reasons the RF was created. To keep the pissing contests out of the GD.

Most of you know the rules for posting in this forum. For those that don't, please read the tacked thread at the top of this forum. We have had two accounts locked due to people not following these rules. It won't be any trouble to have a few more accounts locked if the rules can't be followed.

First, MY thread was COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY non-religious - UNTIL crapped in by the children.

Second, you told us religious discussion WOULD be allowed in GD. Either somone lied to you, or you lied to us.

While your moderation here in teh R forum has been stellar, I am seriously angry / disillusioned / offended / puzzled / disappointed in Arfcom today.

I defended you to others who said this whole R forum was the intentional marginalization of Chrsitians.

I said you gave me assurances.

I was wrong.

Again, I can't blame you cuz I have no proof you were complicit in all this.

But this is crap.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:01:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Needless to say, I don't have access to the Mod forum, and probably never will (I'm not from Texas and don't speak corporatespeak very well) so I can't comment on what does/does not go on ion the mod forum.

However, it doesn't really matter.

The damage has been done. All discussions of anything remotely tied to religion are now being moved here.

VA-gunnut, you have personally done nothing (that I know of) to make the situation worse than it is, so I can't fault you for anything that has happened.

My complaint lies with the staff emembers whose discomfort with being exposed to a belief system counter to their own prompted them to 'build a closet' they could put 'religious' discussions into.

Again, the site is now catering to the lowest common denominator.

That's the simple, unadulterated truth. If that offends anyone, I'd suggest that they look in the mirror and see whether they are the LCD......
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The GD Mods have hard enough time dealing with all the BS that goes on there, so anything that can be done to help them out is a good thing AFAIC.

My beef with teh Mods is they NEVER deal with the trouble makers. They punish the good people who follow the rules by moving threads / locking threads INSTEAD OF KICKING THE IMBECILES WHO ALWAYS CAUSE TROUBLE OUT.

Anyone really interested in learning about religion can come here and do so in a safer enviroment then exists in GD. Of course we will still have the occasional troll, but they can be dealt with easier from here.

I don't mind the religion forum - I asked for it two months ago.

My beef is that I open a non-religious thread in GD and ONCE AGAIN the rule breakers are NOT dealt with - NOOOOOOOO, punish me by moving my thread into obscurity.

That's just wrong. No two ways about it.

Staff / mods need to grow some spine and start locking accounts. The solution is THAT simple.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lead by example is the best way to deal with things like this IMO. If there are enough people that want the tone of GD brought back to a semi civil manner, they will have to be the ones to start. IMHO

Around here, the children out number the adults five to 1.

Utopia sounds nice, but I know better.

The solution is BANNING people who break the rules.

Hoping people will act responsibly has NEVER worked.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
translation:

................\|||/
................(0 o)
....,---ooO--(_)---------,
...|````PLEASE``````|
...|``DON'T FEED```` |
...|```THE TROLLS```|
...'--------------Ooo----'
.............|__|__|
................|| ||
.............ooO Ooo

The trolls don't need to be fed.

They can accomplish their goal without ANY assistance, as my "Scientists, pelase explain" thread proved.

We've shifted into some weird parallel universe here at Arfcom.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
well, I've decided to take the advice of proverbs and "not answer a fool according to his folly"

Read the next verse.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My beef with teh Mods is they NEVER deal with the trouble makers.

G-Man! You should be on your knees praying that the mods DON'T deal with the troublemakers!  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top