Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 4:41:20 AM EDT
Psalms 3:1-8

O LORD, how my adversaries have increased!
Many are rising up against me.    
2  Many are saying of my soul,
"There is no deliverance for him in God." [Selah].    

3  But You, O LORD, are a shield about me,
My glory, and the One who lifts my head.  
4  I was crying to the LORD with my voice,
And He answered me from His holy mountain. [Selah].    
5  I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.    
6  I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set themselves against me round about.    

7  Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God!
For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek;
You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.    
8  Salvation belongs to the LORD;
Your blessing be upon Your people! [Selah].

Have a grat day!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
When I read that, I think of the nation of Israel, and all they have endured through the centuries, and how God has watched over them. I read last night of the beginnings of the nation of Israel, through Abraham, in Genesis. God promised to make him a "great nation", and He has certainly kept that promise.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#2]
David - a "man after God's own heart."

Whenever I need to have the batteries re-charged, I can always count on the Psalms.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:40:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Whenever I need to have the batteries re-charged, I can always count on the Psalms.

Yep.  We can get encouragement looking at David.

This was the David who committed adultery and followed it up with murder.  This was the David who was not allowed to build the Temple because he was a man of blood.

Yet he was a man after God's own heart.

We are fortunate that our Heavenly Father looks beneath the surface to the heart.

Yes, there are consequences to the bad decisions we make, but we also have His promise, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  He didn't qualify it with, "...unless you do something dumb."

And, BTW, everyday is a great day!  It's just that some are greater than others.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  We can get encouragement looking at David.

This was the David who committed adultery and followed it up with murder.  This was the David who was not allowed to build the Temple because he was a man of blood.

Yet he was a man after God's own heart.

We are fortunate that our Heavenly Father looks beneath the surface to the heart.

Yes, there are consequences to the bad decisions we make, but we also have His promise, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  He didn't qualify it with, "...unless you do something dumb."

And, BTW, everyday is a great day!  It's just that some are greater than others.

I am sure what you meant to say is that we are blessed that God looks at the righteousness of His Son...    Because my heart is full of sin and sins that Christ suffered on the cross for... I'm glad God doesn't look at that.  Praise the grace of a mighty Savior!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top