Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Pray without ceasing.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Do not sleep in church
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:52:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure.  Almost sounds like that we don't stop trusting God until the task is done. (ie have faith)

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:57:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not sure.  Almost sounds like that we don't stop trusting God until the task is done. (ie have faith)

SGatr15

You are right that faith is required, but the "no rest" imples that we are doing something that makes Him work.  Seem reasonable?  If that is the case, then you have to ask what do we do that makes Him work?  The only thing is prayer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

You are right that faith is required, but the "no rest" imples that we are doing something that makes Him work.  Seem reasonable?  If that is the case, then you have to ask what do we do that makes Him work?  The only thing is prayer.

Well, more things then prayer must make him work.

I mean, our actions require Him to work don't they?

I gotta think about this one......

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]
This chapter speaks of restoration and the coming of His nation.  We who follow Him are to have a role in this.  He tells us, “...give yourselves no rest...”, meaning that we should put all our energy into working His will.

Also, He is our ultimate source of strength.  It is Him working through us that accomplishes those things of eternal significance.

In Malachi he issued a challenge in regard for us to test him in regard to tithing.  Think about it- a place where God comes out and says, "Test me."

8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me.
     "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?'
     "In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—the whole nation of you—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty. 12 "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty.(Malachi 3:8-12)

We could look at the passage above as a similar challenge.

“Go ahead and try to wear me out.  You can’t out-work me.  Don’t give me a break- let’s do this great work.”

When I compare what I can do with what I actually accomplish, I feel like a slacker.  Oh well, I have to keep pressing on!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top