Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2015 9:44:10 AM EDT
Brethren,

I've been scarce on here lately with the parish keeping me busy.  

Last week, I finally figured out what the source of my shoulder pain was (right shoulder).  I have type II labrum tear from the 12 to 10 o'clock position, which will require surgery.  I have finalized a second opinion and will be calling to schedule the procedure tomorrow.

There is no known incident or injury associated with my problem, and the pain actually began back in November 2014.  Some physical therapy and two MRI's later, now we know what the issue is.  Generally, I experience pain when doing things overhead, but also other motions involving certain twists/rotation of the arm.  Throwing, reaching, etc.  I can't even put on a t-shirt without pain these days, and this is my dominant arm.

While I am confident in my orthopedic surgeon's ability to perform the task, they're going to be doing some pretty high tech sports medicine stuff.  They will be cutting the biceps tendon that connects to the labrum tendon in the joint, and re-anchoring it to the arm humerus.  They will use new absorbable screws, which should go away after about a year.

I post this here because I need your prayers.  For those who have a passion for Catholic devotions, I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce a fairly new devotion that, because of my injury, I have only recently learned about.

Devotion to the Shoulder Wound of Christ

Prayer to the Shoulder Wound of Christ
Most loving Jesus, meek Lamb of God, I, a miserable sinner, salute and worship the most Sacred Wound of Thy Shoulder on which Thou didst bear Thy heavy Cross which so tore Thy flesh and laid bare Thy Bones as to inflict on Thee an anguish greater than any other wound of Thy Most Blessed Body.  I adore Thee, O Jesus most sorrowful; I praise and glorify Thee, and give The thanks for this most sacred and painful Wound, beseeching Thee by that exceeding pain, and by the crushing burden of Thy heavy Cross to be merciful to me, a sinner, to forgive me all my mortal and venial sins, and to lead me on towards Heaven along the Way of Thy Cross. Amen.
(Imprimatur: +Thomas D. Beven, Bishop of Springfield.)
View Quote

This goes all the way back to St. Bernard in the 12th century, and was venerated by St. Padre Pio.  I found out about it through my parish music director who learned of it through a group of young men once with a patron of St. John Bosco.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Prayers sent. Had open cuff and Bicep repair in November. I was back at work in 2months 2 weeks. Rehab is hard but push harder.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You bet.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Prayers Salo!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top