Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2013 3:50:59 PM EDT
Where Do You Think You Will Find It?
by Pastor Colin Smith

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied."
Matthew 5:6

All of us are involved in a quest for satisfaction. The great question is: Where do you think you will find it?

If you think satisfaction is found in achievement, then achievement will become the consuming passion of your life. If you feel that satisfaction is found in leisure or retirement, then leisure and retirement will become the consuming passions of your life.

What do you think will give you real satisfaction? Is it to be loved? Is it to be appreciated? Is it to get revenge? Or is it to achieve a certain goal or position? Whatever you think will satisfy you, this will become the consuming passion of your life.

Jesus tells us that there is only one desire that will be fully and finally satisfied: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied." So here's my question: Is this what you want, Christian? Is this what you're looking for? Is this your hunger? Is this what you want from God, or are you after something else?

Many Christians are looking for happy families, growing churches, and fulfilling ministry experiences. We want God to give us long life, with peace, security, and prosperity. But what about righteousness? What do you know about hungering and thirsting for this?

We want to be blessed, but Jesus does not say that we are righteous if we hunger and thirst to be
blessed. No; he says we are blessed if we hunger and thirst to be righteous.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Funny you should mention it, but I was saying to my wife last night that I’m the happiest person I know.  

There are things I’m not totally satisfied with – I only won about half my runs in the bowling pin shoot yesterday and last Friday night my first jazz solo in front of an audience since 1969 didn’t go as well as I wanted (but it did go better than I expected) – but in general, I’m very pleased with my life.  

I’m the least religious person you’ll ever meet, and just maybe the most satisfied.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have to say I'm dissatisfied in the amount of people I have been able to help. Not to say I don't help people whenever I can, I just don't feel that I'm looking for people to help as much as I should.

Thanks for the thread op. Sometimes we need to recalibrate and realign. Make sure our priorities in the right order.

Come to think of it, I pray that I never become satisfied in this area. Just the opposite. I pray that God will put a bigger burden on my heart  for the needy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top