Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:34:46 AM EDT
Fasting this Friday

In response to the HHS Mandate and all the garbage it entails, the Bishops of the U.S. have asked all Catholics to fast on Friday, March 30th. The fast is to be what we are typically asked to carry out on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, and January 22nd, the Anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

Read more at the link above.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 4:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 2:33:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Cat!

This HHS Mandate and tyranny against religion must end!

We are staring evil in the face when we oppose this vile outrage.

no food for me. i tend to fast on friday anyhow.

(good Lenten sacrifice, Brother!)
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Not Catholic, and I don't hold the same beliefs on contraception as Catholics do, BUT I proudly stand shoulder to shoulder with Catholics on this mandate.  It's a blatant attack on religious freedoms.  I'd be happy to fast with y'all (another day, since I missed this post until today!).

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm Catholic and missed this too! I will fast tomorrow in solidarity.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top