Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2011 5:42:15 AM EDT
For me typically 3.5 hours but when I attend morning meetings it is 4.5-5. Long fast morning!

Tim
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Sunday is the first day of the week.  Sabbath is the seventh day, a day we are commanded to keep holy and we are to rest.  Therefore no holy convocation is commanded on sunday, and I do not spend one moment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
1.5hrs or so. Too long imo.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Let's see, I went in for rehersal at 8:20 (I play trumpet and sometimes flugelhorn or trombone) , played the music portion of the service starting at 9:30 and was out the door at 10:00.

I'll be back for another rehersal at 5:00, probably for less than an hour.  

I'm not sure this is what the OP was looking for.  I'm only there for the music.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn't go.  I don't particularly care for the church I attend down here, and have a hard time paying attention anyway.  So I watched a documentary on Westboro and one called "Lord, Save Us from Your Followers."  Last one gave me some good things to ponder.

Otherwise, it could range from 3 hours to all day.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Today I spent almost 4 hours, but this is atypical. My congregation is in the midst of calling a new Pastor. Normally I spend two and a half to three hours. If you feel you're spending too much time at church, i urge you to examine why you feel that way. It should be a joy to be there.

Luther expressed it best when he said," It is better to be in an alehouse thinking about church than in church thinking about the alehouse."
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
7 hours on Friday

3 hours on Saturday

5.5 hours today

I am one of the sound guys and I love what I do and the church I go to. great people, great pastors, great teachings
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Typically four to four and a half hours (9:30 am to 1 or 1:30pm) which includes coffee hour and helping to clean up afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I spend about 1.5hrs actually in service on Sundays.  I set aside about 15-20min to catch up with other members.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Me . I'm Facilities Director and part time sounds guy . Arrive at 9 AM with my coffee
Choir Practice , set up facility till 945
more coffee
10 sunday school start
1030-1045 sunday school done sometime longer
1100 Sunday worship service .
songs done announcments etc 1200
service over sometimes between 1 -130 , shut done building
so usually 4 hours on average i think

BUT we also have Tuesday night prayer and Thursday mid week service
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top