Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 6:02:21 PM EDT
Also for those that have them are the two seat models actually worth it?  

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
No knowledge of two seaters cant help there....When looking used the under carriage is key, if its bashed all to hell the ATV has more than likely been hammered on hard....Check for play in the rear axel also, if you feel play in the axel where it goes through the swing arm you have bad bearings and again a hammered on ATV, check the rims for heavy rock rash also..

With the economy the way it is the used market would be the first place I would look for someone looking to get out from under one......

PM me if I can help anymore I've ridden quads since shortly after they first came out..
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed with above poster....if you can find one in good shape (it should be pretty apparent talking to the owner if maintenance was done, records kept, etc.), it would be the ideal way to go. Why pay the depreciation when someone else is willing to eat it for you?

I bought a less than 1 year old Honda Rubicon for $2k less than its sticker price....that's a lot of coin to save, and it held up like I had bought it new.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends.  There is a rhinoforum dot net that is a wealth of knowledge of the Yamaha Rhino.   Two seaters are called side by sides, unless you mean one with a seat like a jet ski.  

The forum also has sections for other brands.  It is the arfcom of the side by side world.

You really need to do your research on them.  Some years of the 660 would oval the piston/cylinder at random and burn all the oil out of your crankcase.  If you aren't on top of it, it  grenades the crankcase.  

Are they worth it?  Yes, the Rhino is like  a fricking mountain goat and every accessory in the world is available for it, just like the AR.

They hold value, which is good and bad.  I bought an 05 a few years back for $7000 and just sold it a couple months ago for $6000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top