Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2009 2:15:54 AM EDT
I know I've caught threads in here about what kind of wax people like to use, but my search-fu has failed me and I can't find much.  

What are some of your favored waxes or polishes?  I've heard and remember reading tons of good things about Zaino, but also that it's kind of a bitch to keep up and doesn't hold up well to a lot of use.  I want to find something to keep my F-150 looking good, but also something that will at least kind of hold up to everyday use.  Suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:14:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you will get two recommendations, A very expensive product that may be hard to apply but lasts a long time or a less expensive product that is easy to apply but doesn't last as long.

I've tried the expensive stuff and it does what it says it will do but lately I've been using regular stuff like Meguiars or Lucas liquid wax.  With an orbital polisher it goes on and comes off in just a few minutes and lasts a reasonable amount of time.  I keep my cars in the garage so the don't get as much sun or weather exposure.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:24:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had the best of luck with Meguires on my cars and trucks... I try to take such good care of them that I don't have to worry about polishing out swirl marks.  Back in the old days I use to use Nu Finish and that stuff is very strong and lasts a long time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Collinite 845 because you live in MN and have a daily driver.
Nothing will last longer for your particular application.
I use Zaino for my sunny day toy cars.
Zaino is great but you need something longer lasting

http://www.collinite.com/order.htm

Autogeek.com sells 845 cheaper me thinks...
Use Jet Seal on your Alloy rims
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Go here and read a bit, tons of good information, it forced me to drop about $400.00 in detailing equipment and supplies.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top