Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 6:51:24 AM EDT
Need some help with a 2001 Cavalier Z24 - 2.4 twin cam and Auto Trans. I got a P1810 TFP Valve Position Switch Circuit code. The trans seems to be maxing out the line pressure as it won't upshift until high rpm and it bangs hard when you put it into drive. I did some searching and found some service procedures that you need a scan tool for and all I have is a code reader.

Is there a simple way to diagnose the probelm or do I need to take it to someone with a scan tool?

Ideas as to what the problem actually is?

Thanks,
Stephen

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If the Transmission Fluid Pressure Manual Valve Position Switch needs replaced; it looks like a buggar of a job....whole lotta crap gotta come off to get to the side cover on the tranny....good luck!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't figured out yet if its one big switch or a series of pressure switches or how to tell if that's even the problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top