Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2009 3:14:43 PM EDT
They are asking $19K

Only downside its that fugly Mystic color.
Clean, perfect survivor car. Its a four hour drive one way, to see it.
I say no more than $13K however I doubt the seller will will go that low.
Hate to make a wasted trip. This would be my 3rd SN-95 Generation Stang.

It appears the market for 96-04 GT's/ Cobras may be softening even more so.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The mystic cars seem to be worth the most from what I've seen... I had been looking at 96-98 cobras in the 60-90,000mi range and they seem to float around $6,000-10,000...  With the low miles on this car I would expect 15-16K to be market value... That is if he has all the goodies handed out at the time of original purchase and it is in like new condition...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
MTUSA:

You know I'm a Chevy guy but I like my 'Stangs too.  My dad had one once...an '86 four-cylinder.

Coupe or convertible?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, I wouldn't have thought those would go for so much. They are nice and all, but that's pricey. How much did they go for new?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:16:11 AM EDT
[#5]
1200 miles+ 13 or so years= GOOD LUCK- alot can go wrong in that time period if the owner didn't take precautions.

You can get a 06 or 07 GT now with low milage for about 20k.  No comparison.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#7]
on post 93 pre 99 stangs
and this is coming from a guy that has owned 15 mustangs

as said i would also be concerned about just about everything if this car has sat for that many years and not been driven

but it appears you like SN95s

Id find a S/C Cobra myself
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:02:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Unless you're just queer for that year Cobra, I'd pass.  The first gen. 4.6's had their problems, and plenty of them. Oiling issues with the top end, weak connecting rods, etc... Now I'm not sure if the Cobra motors were the same, but I passed on getting a '96 and bought a '95 with the good old 5.0  4 years ago when I started looking I had a budget in mind, under $10K for a nice convertible.  I found a few really nice '95 Pace Car Cobras, but they were in the $12K+ range.  Finally found a low mileage '95 GT owned by a little old lady only dirven to the bars on the weekends.  It's been a great car, but there are a few wink links in the SN95's that have been upgraded, or there are upgrades for.  Suspension being the main problem. Factory springs SUCK! Hard to describe, but I replaced mine with Eibach ProLine speings to get rid of the 4WD look of the SN95's.  Installed Castor Camber plates too. Factory rivets theirs in place so there is limited movement, and a so-so tech is afraid to drill out the rivits to align properly.  Front lower control arm bushings, they were made with a weaker rubber compound and gave out easily causing excessive tire wear in the inside of the tire. They made a change on the "03? Cobras and changed the rubber compound in the bushings, and the shape of the lower control arms. I swapped them out and now get tighter turning radius and a better ride.  Rear control arm bushings are the same crappy weak rubber. Mine are currently worn out and causing "clunking" in the rear when coming to a stop, or acellerating.  Easier to get a set of aftermarket rear control arms then trying to change out the bushings.  Brakes SUCK terribly too.  Got to upgrade to the Cobra 13" rotors and 17" wheels. I've installed the wheels, but now I'm waiting on the weather to give me a nice weekend to install mine. Major drawback to the '94-'95 cars is the computer control system. For the life of me, I don't know why Ford didn't just use the "89-'93 system since it was their best ever. Any cam change, you have to get a chip burned, an expensive tune or a Tweecer system.  It keeps me from getting crazy under the hood for now, which is a good thing I guess since I cannot afford a back up car!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Well after gathering some intel I found this car had FOUR different owners.
My guess over the years they all tried to flip it.
Who knows what the storage conditions were like.
I would pay no more than $10 only because this car's history is a hope and a prayer

To the previous poster the 4.6 DOHC had forged internals.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#10]
That car cost $16.66 per mile!
Bad investment, bad bad bad.

May have better off investing with old Berrny Madoff, LOL.

Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top