Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2009 11:39:44 AM EDT
Every day I hear about more and more environmental insanity coming out of the left coast, I keep wondering what people out there who still drag race, collect and run classic cars ect. are facing? In other words, the Jan and Dean, Beach Boys car culture we knew as kids. Whats the future look like?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Classic cars are pretty much exempt from smog testing so they aren't affected much. If you have a modern car for only off highway use and it isn't registered for the street then no worries there. Modify it all you want.
The problems are when you want to hop up your modern street registered car or truck. I am sure people sneak some past the testing in different ways but for the most part it is a pain trying to mod one.  
Also the CHP/CARB or some other alphabet agency does set up smog sniffers on freeway on ramps so that can get you caught as they snap a pic of your license plate. Also the CHP has been known to look under the hood of street racers and other hot rod looking cars which results in tickets, impounds or both.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I just don't wat to see another part of American culture destroyed by the Greenies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top