Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:58:50 PM EDT
The last thing I need right now is another motorcycle.  However, I had to go look at a Triumph 675 today for work and I fell in love.  The one I saw was graphite in color and looked like a work of art, much more appealing than the Japanese 600cc SS's to me.  I learned it's a 3 cylinder engine and the new looking 2006 model I looked at was $6500 (3299 miles). Is this a good deal?  Someone please jump in here and save my engagement!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my friends has one. BEAUTIFUL motorcycle and the exhaust note will leave you giddy. He says that it's great to ride but it does get uncomfortable during extended rides. One issue he has had is a dead battery after only a year - might be just a bad battery, but it's also a pretty small  (6 AH). Oh well, at least it's easy to get to under the bitch seat - so jumping it doesn't require alot of dismantling.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have one, but for the sake of your engagement, don't take a test ride on one.

They are a much better real world sport bike than any Japanese 600SS bike.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
We're talking about the 675 Daytona, not the 675 Street Triple, right?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes Sir, the Daytona.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
While I believe that the Street Trip is a more appropriate tool for general street use, it cannot be ignored that the Daytona 675 is vastly superior to any 600 Supersport when utilized outside of it's intended environment.

Notice that at real-world engine speeds, the Daytona 675 towers above all of the 600s, and continues to carry an advantage all the way to 13,000 rpms:

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Note that the Daytona 675 puts out the same torque at 3000 rpms as the R6 does at 10,000 rpms.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top