Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 7:23:51 AM EDT
Well I finally got my two plastic pieces that I needed off of ebay for my 04' Honda 1000RR sportibike....so now I'm ready to sand everything down and throw some fresh paint on my bike.  I think my little "get off" a few weeks back was a sign telling me that I need to put a sweet paint job on my bike :D

I'm going back and forth on a bunch of different paint schemes.....so I was wondering what all of you guys thought.  I really can't decide if I want to go with a "Race-Replica" type of look....or more of a "Custom" type paint with lots of deep candys/pearls/ and wrinkle paint accents.  I really like the second pic with the deep dark read, and the silver graphic......but that may be a little over the top.    

Take a look at these different pics and let me know what you guys think.  Some of the ones I sketched up at the bottom are pretty rough....but I'm just looking for a basic idea to run with.  My bike has polished wheels....so that may not go good with some of these.

What do you think??  If you have any other ideas, please post them up.  Feel free to photoshop them and add/change colors.

I've listed them from the ones I like the best....to the ones that I'm not sure about.

**  Sorry, that last option on the poll is supposed to say NONE...not NOE.  **

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
No to the simulated race paint jobs, and no to the homosexual one with the painted windscreen.

I just like solid colors, but I guess I'm not very creative.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
First one or the third to last one(blue/white/black). The rest look like crap.

If you do a race rep paint job, do NOT put a white number plate on it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue/white.  Clean, unique and understated.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You should just rattle can it with primer, for the next time you get off unexpectedly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]
huge BFL on each side. (with GB's blessing of course)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely the "Race-Replica".

1*
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You should just rattle can it with primer, for the next time you get off unexpectedly.

Rattle can bed liner is good too:

*Yes, I know the windscreen is on the wrong side, but it took a little work with a belt sander to get it to fit correctly on the inside. The clutch is missing because it has been relocated to the other side as I was preparing to do a track day while I still had a broken left wrist.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.jgosling.net/images/arfcom/600RRBedliner.jpg
*Yes, I know the windscreen is on the wrong side, but it took a little work with a belt sander to get it to fit correctly on the inside. The clutch is missing because it has been relocated to the other side as I was preparing to do a track day while I still had a broken left wrist.

bunch O damned KLR riders......
Don't listen to Germ-ee.. he is scared of a dirt rider.....
( I keed I keed)
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'll be up your way next Saturday if you think you can keep up
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.jgosling.net/images/april192008/dealsgap2.jpg
\
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.jgosling.net/images/arfcom/600RRBedliner.jpg

Have you "tested" it yet?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.jgosling.net/images/april192008/dealsgap2.jpg

I was actually in Tellico Plains all day Saturday. Ran everything but the Dragon/Deal Gap.
Too many asshats up there. There are better roads in that area PLUS some really fun gravel roads too

You know th elocal LEO gives you the stink eye when you do about 45 in a 15mph switchback, foot all out supermoto style......
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Have you "tested" it yet?  

I kept a couple extra cans in the trailer for "touch up"
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was actually in Tellico Plains all day Saturday. Ran everything but the Dragon/Deal Gap.
Too many asshats up there. There are better roads in that area PLUS some really fun gravel roads too

You know th elocal LEO gives you the stink eye when you do about 45 in a 15mph switchback, foot all out supermoto style......

I'm up in Tellico once a week, but haven't ridden Deal's Gap since April. I usually avoid it in the summer with all the traffic and LEO attention.

I usually do a 450 mile loop from Dahlonega to Clayton, up 28 to CROT, then take Joyce Kilmer to the Skyway, then 39/315/30 to 74 to TN68/GA60 back.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#15]
All black would be my choice. None of that race replica crap.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I'm just about done putting her back together...what do you think?? The paint turned out awesome...but man was it a lot of work!!!

Link Posted: 8/12/2008 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I really like the red color, but I can't tell what that other stuff is from the pics. The reflection of the floor makes it very difficult to see.

ETA: Judging by your front tire, you don't seem like the type to be doing custom paint jobs and polishing rims.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I really like the red color, but I can't tell what that other stuff is from the pics. The reflection of the floor makes it very difficult to see.

ETA: Judging by your front tire, you don't seem like the type to be doing custom paint jobs and polishing rims.

Meaning??  
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meaning??  

It looks like you actually ride it. Most customized bikes I see are not ridden, or are ridden timidly. Your front tire has no chicken strip on it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meaning??  

It looks like you actually ride it. Most customized bikes I see are not ridden, or are ridden timidly. Your front tire has no chicken strip on it.

Yep...I ride the hell out of the thing  I was dragging knee around a corner when I went down on it a while back...it's easy to get in trouble in a hurry on one of these bikes.  I'm going to be taking it easier now :D   I don't want to have to redo the paint on the thing again

Link Posted: 8/22/2008 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, it's all done!! What do you guys think??

This pic shows it 100% complete!! I'm so glad that projects over!!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top