Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 2:06:17 PM EDT
Never heard of them, then I saw one today. Interesting idea...anyone have any experience with them?

This is a model that has on demand 2wd so the side car wheel acts as a drive wheel as well.

Some Video
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Never heard of them, then I saw one today. Interesting idea...anyone have any experience with them?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/Tom1000RR/gearup_03_520.jpg

This is a model that has on demand 2wd so the side car wheel acts as a drive wheel as well.

Some Video

I've worked on one before.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they Russian ?? That name sounds familiar, I almost want to say that company makes or made Russian military trucks..
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are they Russian ??

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]
They are a Russian-made reverse-engineered copy of a BMW motorcycle from the '30s.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They are a Russian-made reverse-engineered copy of a BMW motorcycle from the '30s.

They have a dealer very close to me here I found out. Some of the videos online paint them to be very stout.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one-a '97 model. The new ones are quite different. read all about them at www.sovietsteeds.com.
  If you get one,be prepared to attract a LOT of attention. Wherever you go,people will want to know about the Ural-this is called the UDF (Ural delay factor-the extra time on any errand where you have to talk to someone about the Ural)
 Riding a bike like this with a sidecar is NOTHING like riding a regular motorcycle-it can be very scary,and dangerous. It is not something you pick up in a day or two.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh yes-here's a slightly different Russian sidecar rig:

and another:

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
A guy at work has one.  He got it a few years ago and it came shipped to him in a crate from Russia.  He had to assemble it.  He loves it and drives it yr round...thru the snow and all.  The side car wheel also drives.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Let's see your Electra Glide do this.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool bikes, I saw my first one at the motorcycle show in DC a few years ago.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Are they Russian ?? That name sounds familiar, I almost want to say that company makes or made Russian military trucks..
Yeah,and as a matter of fact,there's a Ural 6X6 for sale on ebay,engine is based on 1950's Nash/Hudson V-8=ultra gas hog. Truck is up in VT.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Cool pics guys, one of those things is starting to get tempting. I think it would be great in this part of Colorado for some exploring. It would require the purchase of an AK to compliment the new ride.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top