Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2008 11:08:33 AM EDT
My dealership sent me an invitation to go to St Louis for a track day driving Porsche's on the track at the Gateway International race track. The best part is it's totally FREE! There going to have team Porsche drivers there for instruction and then drive on the oval track.  This is going to be soooooo cool!

Link Posted: 6/24/2008 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be all over that. Especially with what a similar class would cost

Take some pics for us simple people huh
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be all over that. Especially with what a similar class would cost

Take some pics for us simple people huh

Oh for sure I will be taking my camera to record it all! I just hope they have 911's or at the least Cayman S's.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate you.

I will hate you less if you post pics.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's for your own car check to see if you're required to track prep your car (tape up your headlights, remove glycol based coolant, and safety wire).  It would really suck to get out there and find out you can't drive your car.

If the car is provided then drive it like you stole it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hate you.

I will hate you less if you post pics.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If it's for your own car check to see if you're required to track prep your car (tape up your headlights, remove glycol based coolant, and safety wire).  It would really suck to get out there and find out you can't drive your car.

If the car is provided then drive it like you stole it.

My dealership is driving us down to the track, they feed us lunch give driving tips and they we run the cars. They provide everything! This is so cool as I have never been to anything like this before. I have in the past drag raced, but never been able to run fast on an oval track. I'm sure it will be safer than running our lake roads at 2-3 times the posted limit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
They are not doing the infield? Seems kinda to run Porsches on an oval...

Either way you will have a blast. Just hope you don't get hooked on track days and racing, it will make any current automotive expenditures seem trivial.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Well today was the day. My dealer I bought my 996 from sponsored a track day in St Louis. They carted about 50 of us down in a bus that made me nearly seasick! The weatherman called for rain and thunderstorms today, but thankfully they held off. Unfortunately it was 90 and fairly humid out. Thank god for fast cars with good AC! We drove with a Porsche team driver as instructor. My group started off on the auto cross course driving the Cayman and Cayman S models. These cars are incredibly handling and the S model has tons of power. Here we never got out of second gear. After we drove they took us around to show us how to really drive! I was not ever scared, but damn these guys could drive these cars to the limit.
We then moved on to of all things the Cayenne SUV. I have to say that these are not like any SUV you have ever driven. The V6 model was sluggish power wise, but handled well, the turbo model was a beast! Rated at 500 hp 0-60 4.9 seconds! They handle better than most sports cars on the road today and in the hands of a professional they will really impress you.
We then moved on to the last stage driving a Boxter, 911 Cabriolet, Cayman, Carrera 4S, Cayman S and Carrera S. Again the Cayman S's were a blast to drive and the have plenty of power and handle well. The Carrera S4 all wheel drive was a beast! Want to take the curve at 50mph? No problem just mash your foot to the floor! The Carrera S (the yellow one) was also fun to drive and would give you some under steer if you pushed it hard enough. I never did because I was not exactly sure who would have to pay for it if I cracked it up. As with the autocross the professional drivers took you for a hot lap. I chose to go in the S4 and it was definatly a wild ride!

All in all a very fun day and to add it was totally free!
The line up

Heading out onto the track.

Coming in to the pits

Auto cross course driving Cayman & Cayman S.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like fun

Thanks for the update
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet. I have done a bunch of track days. They're a lot of fun and can be pretty addicting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top