Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2008 3:00:41 AM EDT
Looked pretty cool!  Sort of a backwards tricycle or something!  Was on the interstate.

eta: stock photos, not the one I saw

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen four different ones in the last couple weeks.

I'm intrigued by them... I love the safety aspect.  They say that they're extremely stable.

I'd like to get one, except for three things:

1. $17-18k price tag.
2. 25-30 mpg.  Get it up around 50mpg and you'll have a hot seller with fuel prices the way they are.
3. I'd like to see if they stick around.  I wouldn't want to get one and then not be able to get parts for it in 10 years because it was a 'fad.'
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:39:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like the put wheels under one of their snowmobiles!!! Its pretty cool...
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]
A month or so back I saw about dozen of them in one group. Must have been on some kind of demo ride, pretty cool stuff.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Why the extra wheel? Serious, unless the rider has a disability or it helps hauling more gear I just dont get it.

Look neat though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:34:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why the extra wheel? Serious, unless the rider has a disability or it helps hauling more gear I just dont get it.

Look neat though.

From what I've read about it, the wheel configuration makes it ridiculously stable, especially on substrates like loose gravel and such.  Gives you a safer option than motorcycles if you want the open-air experience again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look neat though.

From what I've read about it, the wheel configuration makes it ridiculously stable, especially on substrates like loose gravel and such.  Gives you a safer option than motorcycles if you want the open-air experience again.

Isnt that what drop tops are for?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#7]
A local dealer just pick up the line and I hope to get a test ride. The configuration of 2 in front one in back has been around in "sports cars" forever. The Lomax and Morgans jump to mind. Those always employed side by side seating so they had to be wider. the in line seating position is neat. I also hear very good things about their electric shift options form people who have ridden them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag - neat!!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#9]
They look cool as hell but I too worry about long-term parts supply, the are kind of pricey, mileage isn't great - as has been said.

But the deal-breaker for me is they lean like a car.  If it leaned into a turn like a bike and had better mileage they would sell a lot more.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't solve the #1 safety issue of riding. Still the same effect if you get hit by some cager!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Local dealship has one, I sat on it. They are pretty big vehicle. Be cool to drive, but wouldnt want to own it, esp. at the price tag the get.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#12]
NEEDS MORE POWER!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top