Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 7:53:31 AM EDT
I've driven a minivan for the last ten years, even though I don't have kids.  They get good gas mileage and haul a lot of stuff in an enclosed space.  I have a cooler car ('65 Tempest) for when I don't want to hit on soccer moms.  However, my work recently gave me a brand new mini-van, and I didn't want to be a two mini-van household, so I decided to get rid of my 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Tactical, and replace it with something that could tow the toys.

I get an employee discount with both Nissan and Dodge, so I looked long and hard at the Ram and the Titan.  In the end, I got more truck for a better discount with the Titan, so this is what I got yesterday:

It's the 2008 Titan Crew Cab Long Bed, with 5.6 L Flex Fuel V8, towing package, high utility bed, and 38 gallon gas tank.  I didn't realize how long it was at the dealership.  I tried parking behind my Caravan, and ended up with four feet of Titan sticking off the driveway.

For my very short fiance, we got the power adjustable pedals and the rear sonar system.  Hopefully, this will keep her from backing over her Accord.  Also, the six disk CD changer MP3 player radio thing, which is funny, since I only listen to one station and a six disk changer is three disks more then I have.  No kids, so no rear DVD player.  If I'm doing the driving, I can't watch it, so I didn't feel the need for it.  In the relatively near future, I want to get a tonneau cover for it, although I can't decide between the hard cover or a soft one.

This is my first brand new vehicle ever, and only my second personal vehicle with functional air conditioning.  I am very excited about it, and wanted to share that excitement with the rest of you.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully it will be as good to you and you will receive as much enjoyment from it as we have from our '05 Maxima. Nissan will be near the top of the list for our next new car.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations.

What are these 2 rails in the floor of the bed? Part of an adjustable tie down system?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Congratulations.

What are these 2 rails in the floor of the bed? Part of an adjustable tie down system?
www.johnnyego.com/dump/titan/titani.jpg

Yes.  There are two on the floor and three on the sides.  The truck comes with four cleats that can be positioned anywhere along the rails for tie-downs.  Nissan also has some accessories like a bike rack, ladder racks, and a bed extender that all fit into the tracks.  Think of it as a Piccatiny rail system for a truck.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully they got the issue with the overheating rearends worked out and your don't detonate on you...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#5]
You made the right choice. The Titan is a much better truck than the Ram. I had an 05 for two years and it was a great truck. The only year the rears had an issue was 04 so no worries.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking truck.  I have had my '04 for a while now and absolutely love it.  Congrats.

Quoted:
Hopefully they got the issue with the overheating rearends worked out and your don't detonate on you...

That was fixed in '05 and only happened on the models with the tow package.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice truck!

You're actually the second guy I know that has/had a minivan and didn't have children, which isn't a bad thing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]
very nice.. I like the Titans too. I have the same engine in my 08 Pathfinder
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I absolutely love my Titan (4x4 SE King Cab short bed).  IMHO, they are superior to a comparable domestic.  Congratulations!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice ride. Congrats.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Thats a nice looking truck.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice.  I gotta hardon for long beds.  Most of my friends think I'm crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top