Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 9:36:02 PM EDT
I know that every vehicle model has its quirks and known trouble spots, anyone here own a TB?

Mine is an LT 4WD, 4.2L I6.  40k miles.

I was out east this weekend and couldn't pass up the deal I got on it, so we cancelled our flights and drove this thing back out to CO.

So far I really like it, I'm going to tear into it this weekend and change the trans fluid and filter, fuel filter, go w/ Mobil 1 in the engine, flush the brake fluid, axle and t case fluids, replace the coolant, etc.  Yes, I am anal retentive when it comes to that stuff.

Supposedly the first 2 years of this model had some front end issues, but it sounds like that has been fixed.  Any other known trouble areas?  

I seem to be averaging 18MPG with this thing, mostly highway driving.  I thought I'd get a bit better than that but it's not too bad.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know that every vehicle model has its quirks and known trouble spots, anyone here own a TB?

Mine is an LT 4WD, 4.2L I6.  40k miles.

I was out east this weekend and couldn't pass up the deal I got on it, so we cancelled our flights and drove this thing back out to CO.

So far I really like it, I'm going to tear into it this weekend and change the trans fluid and filter, fuel filter, go w/ Mobil 1 in the engine, flush the brake fluid, axle and t case fluids, replace the coolant, etc.  Yes, I am anal retentive when it comes to that stuff.

Supposedly the first 2 years of this model had some front end issues, but it sounds like that has been fixed.  Any other known trouble areas?  

I seem to be averaging 18MPG with this thing, mostly highway driving.  I thought I'd get a bit better than that but it's not too bad.

getta good tune and youll be good to go.  they run a lil richer than they should.  the tb's i 6 is nuts.  the block is bullet proof and a very nice motor.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Pete,
my mom has a 2005, a 6 cylinder, with the LT trim.  22K miles.  Sunroof, rear air, XM radio, etc.

No problems to speak of.   No front end issues.  My sister's hubby got rid of a 2002 TB that had a TSB for a bottom end knock but no such thing that we know of with our TrailBlazer.

Any more Q's feel free to shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I was actually a little surprised to see a straight six in something newer.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah I was actually a little surprised to see a straight six in something newer.

got a ton of power and gets decent mileage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top