Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 8:59:45 PM EDT
Just got this last weekend, an Aprilia SVX 4.5. It's a about 70hp (uncorked) 13kRPM v-twin in a light motard frame & all the latest bolt-on buzz words. The brakes are stupid, a heavy one finger will bring the rear off the ground.

Being Italian it means it's expensive to maintain, he had to special order 10w60 oil from Switzerland.

-JTP
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
aprilias are very reliable bikes so he shouldn't have any problem with it. i have an RSV-R sportbike and i just love aprilias. i had a chance to test ride one of the supermoto bikes, but they scare me. very light and lots of power. tell him to get on the aprilia forum (www.apriliaforum.com). they're down here in TX and are great guys to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
love the bike.

still can't get past the name.

Motard.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
God those are hot! I'm dying to try one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:59:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
aprilias are very reliable bikes so he shouldn't have any problem with it.

....not this bike.

Read all about the problems on apriliaforum.com

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
aprilias are very reliable bikes so he shouldn't have any problem with it.

....not this bike.

Read all about the problems on apriliaforum.com

my bad. the RSV's are almost as bulletproof as jap bikes so i kinda figured that the supermoto's would be as well
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]
The (derestricted) 550 puts out about 55 horsepower, and the (derestricted) 450 puts out about 48 horsepower:

www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html

I really like the SXV. I wish that it had a 5" rear wheel (they come with a 5.5" rear wheel), but that can be fixed.  I'd buy one if they didn't have such a hard time making it to the scheduled interval for engine overhauls without significant mechanical failures. By the way, the engine overhauls are scheduled for every 3728 miles. Woo-hoo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top