Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2007 6:00:59 AM EDT
So, do any of you use this stuff & is it any good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#1]
OST
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't see any reason to.

Snake oil.

If your engine is high mileage and has low oil pressure and maybe leaks some, you can run a higher viscosity oil.

Link Posted: 8/8/2007 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I just tried it on 2 of my high milage vehicles. There was a sale buy 1 get 1 free. So far so good. Except the power steering hose blew on one car.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I use it in my hot rods and my drivers.  Many of the engine shops I know of use it as assembly lube.  I don't know what is in it, but it doesn't burn easily at all.  It works pretty well in my experience.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I've tried it, that sucker is thick!  I never had any issues running it in an old Buick I had.

I don't use it in my "newer" vehicles.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I use it in my hot rods and my drivers.  Many of the engine shops I know of use it as assembly lube.  I don't know what is in it, but it doesn't burn easily at all.  It works pretty well in my experience.  

+1 I use a 25% blend in my diesel trucks. So far i am at about 265K on lucas in diesel trucks and it is good stuff.

the wife's 92 runner was a oil burnin' sum bitch and was always low on pressure, so i tried a 40% blend in that, and it did the trick. Consistant, good oil pressure, and it doesn't consume near as much anymore.

I like lucas.

EDIT:

BTW, if you want a tip on getting that sticky shit into your motor, pour a half quart motor oil into the motor, and then fill up that quart with lucas, and shake for about 15 seconds. pours in much easier. you can cut the top off the lucas, and just dump and squeeze.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#8]
never use additives in oil, it causes it to foam up.  just get a good high mileage oil and youll be good.  also, if you want it to keep going strong, i reccomend a regular sea foam treatment.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I retail it - mostly for my customers with high mileage vehicles.  I use it in my Rodeo too.  As of late, I've been using LUCAS Gun Lube too
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I just pour oil in when the lifter noise gets too loud.

I stopped leaving oil slicks in the parking lot once I parked over the DRAINS TO SALMON HABITAT sign.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#11]
get you some Brad Penn and you won't need additives:

www.bradpennracing.com/
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#12]

My 1.6L Nissan engine has 209,000mi on a steady diet of Mobil One.

Never felt the need for additives.

ZM

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Have used it in fleet trucks for many years.......good stuff. Owned a ford pu some time ago with a rod knock at start up, added lucas w/ every oil change, no rod noise, and ran engine for years that way.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't use it in anything I own.  I've got a '97 5.4 liter Ford that's got 180K-something on it with nothing but regular oil changes.  I use Motorcraft filters and whatever oil I had on hand at the time, synthetic, conventional, .99 cent parts store oil or name brands.  Doesn't leak a drop, doesn't burn a drop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top