Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2007 12:14:18 PM EDT

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I voted NO, but then again, I'd vote NO on a V6 Mustang regardless of what kind of plastic pieces are stuck to it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I voted NO, but then again, I'd vote NO on a V6 Mustang regardless of what kind of plastic pieces are stuck to it.

Why do you say that?

The one I'm speaking of was never meant to be a race car...

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you say that?

I think some things are inherently wrong, like front-wheel drive Impalas, the new VW Beetle, and V6 engines in Mustangs and Camaros. Some things just should not exist.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think some things are inherently wrong, like front-wheel drive Impalas, the new VW Beetle, and V6 engines in Mustangs and Camaros. Some things just should not exist.

haha, this guy makes alot of sense, you should have heard the nerve of one of my friends, when talking about mustangs "uld have gotten a V6 and turbo'd it, would have been faster than a GT for less money,

But then you dont have the V8 sound, I mean come on
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty much sensing that this is going to be more of a V-6 stomp fest rather than an answer to the original question. I should have left that out...

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the look 'cause it looks like this:

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#7]
It looks good with louvers...but it seems like it'd just create a blind spot...

I'd rather have a window there, so I can at least SEE out it.  Otherwise, a solid panel with NO window or louver would look better, IMO.  

I'm not going to give you any shit about your V6.  Hell, I've been wanting to get a 4cyl. late 80's fox body mustang and turn it into an SVO...(turbo, suspension,ect...)  Or if I could find a nice SVO...even better!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It looks good with louvers...but it seems like it'd just create a blind spot...

I'd rather have a window there, so I can at least SEE out it.  Otherwise, a solid panel with NO window or louver would look better, IMO.  

I'm not going to give you any shit about your V6.  Hell, I've been wanting to get a 4cyl. late 80's fox body mustang and turn it into an SVO...(turbo, suspension,ect...)  Or if I could find a nice SVO...even better!  

That's the only beef I have, I'm iffy about blocking out those windows.

From the driver's seat, there isn't much visibility through those windows but, it is probably better than nothing.

I was able to bring home a red 2006 Mustang with 7,000 miles for $18,000.

It was something that suited my needs and, looked nice too.

I'm not trying to race in it and if I was, I wouldn't have bought a Mustang.

I'll post pictures later but, I think I might put two white racing stripes down it, change out the rims, possibly the louvers, and call it a day...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

why? you do realize 6 cylinder engines were in mustangs ever since they were produced in 1964?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That's the only beef I have, I'm iffy about blocking out those windows.

why not just get them, and if they look bad send them back?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#12]
They look good, add to the retro charm.

I don't have a problem with your V-6, my dad had a 4 cyl Fox body Stang.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why? you do realize 6 cylinder engines were in mustangs ever since they were produced in 1964?

The '53 Corvette came with a 6 cylinder as well, but a current model Vette with a V6 just wouldn't be "right", would it?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the louvers would look better if the vents were Thinner, like the older model from the "bullit" pictures. But they do create blind spots....Also I personally think that a muscle car should have a V8 in it, but supercharged and turbocharged V6's provide quite a bit of performance at a usually lighter weight....
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The '53 Corvette came with a 6 cylinder as well, but a current model Vette with a V6 just wouldn't be "right", would it?

The current Vette would be too heavy to handle a V6.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you say that?

Chicks and secretaries drive V6 Stangs' and Camaros.
Pony cars are not to be blinged or riced. You must a young dude.
I do like the color though. You had to ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top