Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 12:41:38 PM EDT
Everyone had their cars out today, hit 60 deg today in IL, after a streak of 30-40 degree days.

I decided to tighten up the hose clamps on my SRT to make sure I didnt have any boost leaks, and go out for a drive...I had a few run ins with some various cars today, made for a fun drive.

Got to start out with some arrogant prick in a 350Z with exaust, who shook his head at my car when I drove by him.  I slowed down, asked him why he shook his head and informed him I'd love to see how slow his car was... and he explained that "dude, you drive a neon" while laughing.  I in turn, being the smartass I am, explained to him he drove a rear wheel drive altima that he wasted 35k on... that couldn't even break into the 13's (I know a few do, but I also knew this tubb of goo wasn't Dale Earnhardt Jr. either).  End result, 25-75mph second and third gear pull that clearly showed the difference between a 13 second car and a 14 second car.  Poor guy wouldn't even pull up next to me at the next red light.  2 open lanes next to me, and he stayed right behind me...made a right shortly there after.  Guess that douche bag was a tad embarassed that "just a neon" butt poked...errr...raped his 350Z.  Usually I don't get this kind of attitude from 350/G35 drivers, and everyone has a mutual respect, and understands that cars are what they are.  Well, today I showed one of the few pricks out there that yes,  my car is a neon. And yes, it also happens to be faster than his.

Had some other fun run ins with an S2000, Cobalt SS, and a new Mustang GT that sounded mean as hell.  It was pretty quick too, we stayed fairly even until I got into 3rd gear and pulled him a little bit.  Had a guy in a LS1 TA that sounded nasty as hell ask me if I wanted to run...I told him not to waste his gas.  Those guys are a bit higher up on the food chain...  

Anyways, it was a fun day for the SRT.  Beating up on high priced cars with asshat drivers really never gets old.  Its just too satisfying
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
My friend drives an SRT 4 with some upgrades that he bought used for a good deal...

I always joke with him though that "I just saw a neon pull in, thought it was you"
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That is pretty cool. I get the same thing in my omni all the time. Virtually no one knows about the GLHTs from back when. It is funny because those who actually do are very hesitant to run me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That is pretty cool. I get the same thing in my omni all the time. Virtually no one knows about the GLHTs from back when. It is funny because those who actually do are very hesitant to run me.

Factory sleepers are pretty damn fun.  Those things can be nasty.

Thats usually the same reaction I get.  VERY rarely do people try and get me to run them.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My friend drives an SRT 4 with some upgrades that he bought used for a good deal...

I always joke with him though that "I just saw a neon pull in, thought it was you"

Haha, yeah, its hard to resist, it is kind of an easy target admittedly.

Though usually when that does happen, I just tell them to jump in, buckle up, and hang on.  99% of the time that shuts em up pretty quick :-)
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha, yeah, its hard to resist, it is kind of an easy target admittedly.

Though usually when that does happen, I just tell them to jump in, buckle up, and hang on.  99% of the time that shuts em up pretty quick :-)

I would love to get a ride from him... only thing that looks kinda weird is the way those sit.. a lil high in the back.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Mopar stage one suspension springs took care of that issue for me.

They sit way too high from the factory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top