Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2006 6:14:55 AM EDT
We will be looking to buy large SUV sometime next year and the one at the top of our list is a Suburban.  We are specifically looking at used Z71 models.

I was wondering how reliable the 02-04 models are and if there are any issues I need to be concerned about.

I'd also appreciate if any 02-04 Suburban owners would chime in and let me know what you think your vehicle, good or bad.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#1]
While on the subject, how are the Suburban 2500's from the same vintage?

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
i have owned several chevy full size trucks.   9 to be exact.

i have encouraged my girlfriend to buy them.  she has had three.

i had an 03 suburban that i offered up for sale here.

these trucks have been great and i have had only minor issues except for one fuel pump that went bad.

24 inches of snow pushed a button and went right through.

i have been very happy with my chevys.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
My dad has an 02 suburban that has been a dream to own. I love that truck, plenty of power for towing, very quiet interior, very comfortable ride. I'd highly reccomend one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard the 454 doesn't get the best mileage from a friend of mine but he has to pull alot of hills to get home so...
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Reliability is ok when given good gas and frequent oil changes
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
only 2 problems tat come to mind are the fuel pumps and the intermediate steering shaft. greasing the shaft is a cheap fix replacing the fuel pump won't be. and BTW the 454is not an engine option on these vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#7]
FUEL PUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAD a 02, in its first 36000 miles I had replaced the fuel pump 2 times and the second one was on its way. No other problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top