Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2006 9:18:41 PM EDT
For the most part, I'm satisfied with my 2003 Silverado, but I wish my fuel mileage was better (I have the 4.8L V-8).  I try to drive conservatively, but that only goes so far.  I was looking around, and saw this:  http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/airaid-poweraid.aspx

My question is, are the claims this make BS, or are there benefits to adding this to my truck?
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 4:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
If there were actual benefits, the factory would have installed it. OTOH, sometimes a product will benefit in certain ways but almost always will detract in other ways
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 4:08:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Keeping your tire pressure at the max for the tire rating will do more for your gas mileage than those gizmos.  Costs next to nothing, as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#3]
waste of money, spacers work well on the older trucks, were the fuel is injected before the spacer.  On the newer trucks, they are useless.
ETA I get the best mileage on my silverado by keeping the rpms at 2000 or below.
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, the answers are pretty much unanimous, so I guess ya'll just saved me $100+.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2006 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top