Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 6:06:41 AM EDT
If yal remember Im slowly having a supercharged all forged 383 stroker motor built to go in a 85 truck. Well i started thinking about how much traction problems i would have in a truck and how much of a pain in the ass its going to be to get weight to transfer etc etc. and started looking for a camaro to be my new host car. Well i found a mid 80 model camaro with no motor or tranny(good thing) a straight body, already has the right weld racing rims, hood scoop, and new steering wheel etc. Minus a paint job and a new dash the thing is in pretty good shape. So what yal think would be a fair price for this car as is? i offered $500 and guy accepted. Is this a good deal or not?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a good deal but your traction problem has not been solved and you might have a few new problems. If it's a third gen Camaro 82-92 you will need to get a good set of sub fram connectors to tie the chasis together. The rear end is weak (10 bolt) and WILL explode with your engine combo + traction! That is about all I can think of right off hand. If you address those concerns you should be good to go and have one mean ass Camaro.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I went and got it this morning its a 82 Z28. Ill get some sub frame connectors and been keeping my eyes open for a ford 9" anyways so i should be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool! I'm a big fan of the 3rd gen Camaro. They have great potential for looks and performance. I was thinking of picking up another one to build a pro street or drag only car. Just remember that most any part will interchange between 82 to 92! Check out www.thirdgen.org for technical data on them. LOTS of good stuff over there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top