Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 12:14:43 PM EDT
My dad has a 2006 Chevy Silverado, 2WD, with the 4.3 V6.

1)What transmission does it use, it's the automatic.

2)What Axle ratio would it have(it has the towing package)

3)where can I find some "nerf bars"(tubular side steps)? It's an extended cab with the 6.5" bed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
2WD
"nerf bars"(tubular side steps)

2wd and nerf bars.....   2wd and nerf bars.....   2wd and nerf bars.....  
uhh

ah screw it
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

3)where can I find some "nerf bars"(tubular side steps)? It's an extended cab with the 6.5" bed.

On GM cars and trucks, there is a white rectangular sticker somewhere in the vehicle with production codes.  On the 91 pick up I owned, it was in the glove box.  The codes start with a letter and have a couple numbers.  All of these codes represent different options.  For example, the transmission for your truck wil have a M30 or an MT1 transmission.  The M30 is a 4L60-E transmission and the MT1 is a 4L80-E transmission.  If it was a manual 5 speed trans, you would see the code  M74.  GM has a boolet that list all the codes for their vehicles and what the codes mean.  You can get a book by calling GM.

Another way to get the information (and much easier) you want is to take the VIN to a dealer or call them, and the parts department can look up your specific truck and tell you everything you need to know.

I can't answer the nerf bar question, but if you go to a Chevy dealer see if they have an accessory catalog for your truck.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On GM cars and trucks, there is a white rectangular sticker somewhere in the vehicle with production codes.  On the 91 pick up I owned, it was in the glove box.  The codes start with a letter and have a couple numbers.  All of these codes represent different options.  For example, the transmission for your truck wil have a M30 or an MT1 transmission.  The M30 is a 4L60-E transmission and the MT1 is a 4L80-E transmission.  If it was a manual 5 speed trans, you would see the code  M74.  GM has a boolet that list all the codes for their vehicles and what the codes mean.  You can get a book by calling GM.

Another way to get the information (and much easier) you want is to take the VIN to a dealer or call them, and the parts department can look up your specific truck and tell you everything you need to know.

I can't answer the nerf bar question, but if you go to a Chevy dealer see if they have an accessory catalog for your truck.

Thanks Mike I'll have to look that up.  My dad got a postcard from GM Accessories, with a coupon. The GM accessory nerf bars AREN'T cheap.  But thanks.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks Mike I'll have to look that up.  My dad got a postcard from GM Accessories, with a coupon. The GM accessory nerf bars AREN'T cheap.  But thanks.  

I'm sure someone sells them in the aftermarket for a cheaper price, but I don't know where to look, so all you can do is some searches for truck  accessory sites.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure someone sells them in the aftermarket for a cheaper price, but I don't know where to look, so all you can do is some searches for truck  accessory sites.

I think maybe I'll check into Autozone or Murray's Auto. Thanks anyway Mike.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The M30 is a 4L60-E transmission and the MT1 is a 4L80-E transmission.  

Most likely it's a 4L60E. The -80E's only came in HD vehicles (3/4 and 1 ton).

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The M30 is a 4L60-E transmission and the MT1 is a 4L80-E transmission.  

Most likely it's a 4L60E. The -80E's only came in HD vehicles (3/4 and 1 ton).

WIZZO

Right.  I think my dad's '97 came with a 4L80.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top