Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 9:03:29 PM EDT
so there is this Miata i found that i would like to buy. i am going to school full time and live about 2 hours away, i need to help checking out this car and see whats up. i would be more than happy to pay for your time and expenses.

the car is a beater i think. it has 190K miles on it and he said it does not run, it stopped 3 days ago. seems like the owner does not know a lot about cars, but he says it shakes and he thinks its electrical system. he said "the cylinder stops", and he says it "randomly vibrates"

which if i understand him right then it should be wires/cap/rotor/plugs and should be good. if then it is simple. but i need to drive the car back home, as towing would be too much, and i don't have a ride there, so i need to take an airport shuttle, pick it up then drive back. i told him if he can get a shop to estimate or diagnose what it is then i would be willing to pay for the repairs and the car. however i would very much like an someone on here to check it out for me and see if they can get it running and tell me their honest opinion on it.

like i said i would be willing to pay for your time, and maybe buy u lunch. oh and plus u get a free hug too.

the car is located in south grand area.

please e-mail me at Ned_Keyuravong at yahoo.com
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That is not a nice neighbor hood.  

Where do you go to school?

How did you find this car?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
i go to school in columbia, so is it the ghetto in south grand?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand how the car being in the hood is an issue.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top