Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 4:54:53 PM EDT
i remember a thread within the past few weeks that discussed hybrid vehicles and how they are not practical right now. can someone please give me a link to that thread and/or offer some information they may know about hybrid vehicles? i have to do a report on them soon and could use the insight

thanks
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have to do a report on them soon and could use the insight

HA!  

Actually, whether they're practical is very much a matter of debate and depends largely on how one drives and what your priorities are.  (ie saving money, reducing emissions, reducing oil usage, having a cool techno-toy, etc)

Plus, there is a lot of mis-information out there.

For a VERY comprehensive site on the Prius and other hybrids to a smaller extent, check here:  john1701a.com/
The guy's a liberal enviro-weenie, but he knows the Prius inside and out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Popular Mechanics did a decent article a few months back about this.  You might check there.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I am currently driving a '05 civic hybrid.. I love it. It is a current company car. I am not a sissy boy i own a nice ar. But if i were buying a car today i would not buy a hybrid. Its not the car. I get between 45-51 MPG. We also have a base model civic that we bought for one of our salesman. at almost 3 G less he gets between 37-40 MPG.... I would go with a base model civic...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a long report on hyrids a year ago for Eng-101.. i'll try to find what i used for sources.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I did a long report on hyrids a year ago for Eng-101.. i'll try to find what i used for sources.

much appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
If you need specific info on Honda hybrids I can help you out.

If you want to drive one they have been very reliable, but I think I would lease one rather than buy for now. Hybrid components are VERY expensive but are warrantied to 8/80.
They do not make economical sense but do have a high cool/tech factor to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top