Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 10:41:14 PM EDT
Hey, Im thinking about getting a jeep wrangler. I had some friends in high school that owned them. The older ones didnt seem like they made very good dailey drivers but the newer ones were much better. I am thinking about an Unlimited for a little more room, any problems with these? Should I get the standerd or the auto? Any options I should try to get? Thanks for the help.

James
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:32:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If you get a 4 banger (gutless wonder) make sure you get a stick, the 6's are much better. I have a 2000 TJ with 31x10.50's and I love it. No major problems with mine. Nothing beats driving around in the summer with the top and doors off!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got an '01 sport, 6 cyl, AT. I like the AT, the 3spd. is hella strong along w/ the np241 tc. Don't know too much about the durability of the new 4spd. AT. They all suck for gas milage, too many 90* angles, like a brick in a wind tunnel it is, other than that they're great DD, always a parking spot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top