Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 10:41:43 AM EDT
I have a daily driver (2 dr. 2wd Explorer).  The closest I come to off road is my dirt driveway.   I almost never tow.  The most weight in the vehicle is my Fat Ass.  (I did have 210 Lbs Sand in back over the winter).

I will be getting rid of the car in about a year.  

However, the front tires have broken belts--and I don't want to spend much on the vehicle now.

Can I use "Car" tires instead of Light Truck tires?  

Thanks!!

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Car tires are what I put on my S10 Blazer, shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Usually it's not a problem, but I would look on the inside of the drivers door -or door jamb- for the factory tire size info. If the tire info on the door sticker has a P-235/75/R... etc. instead of an LT-235.. then you can use either.

LT tires have higher load ratings, basically that means they can support more weight. LT tires have more belts/plies and stronger sidewalls. When you replace a LT rated vehicle tire with the same tire in a P rating, you increase the chances of tire failure or blowouts.

My Chevy Blaser is P rated on the door, but I use LT tires because I take it through some rough terrain a few times a year when I go hunting.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Car tires are what I put on my S10 Blazer, shouldn't be a problem.

We also have P 235/75 on our Chevy Blazer. No problems and we live on a ranch with lots of gravel roads and mud.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top