User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 9:12:44 PM EDT
March R&T article:

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds more interesting than nascar.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the factory part they use in nascar, the hood or something?

The reason they need restricter plates in the first place is that they are not driving a modified factory car.

It totaly takes away the whole concept of people being able to buy the car that won the race or the trophy or whatever.

Just imagine if they could only use/modify vehicles and parts that are available on a production car.

Now that sounds more like a "stock" car.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks pretty cool, like nascar used to be(way way way before my time of course). Of course nascar is so "hollywood" now it's not even funny. Who woulda thunk a sport that a bunch of hillbillies in their shine running cars started for funny would turn into a trendy fad.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks pretty cool, like nascar used to be(way way way before my time of course). Of course nascar is so "hollywood" now it's not even funny. Who woulda thunk a sport that a bunch of hillbillies in their shine running cars started for funny would turn into a trendy fad.

ManiacRat,
I'd watch and care about NASCAR if it were like it was back in the 60's and 70's when it were cars you can buy off the showroom floor but they were track-modified.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ManiacRat,
I'd watch and care about NASCAR if it were like it was back in the 60's and 70's when it were cars you can buy off the showroom floor but they were track-modified.  

Same here, I still couldn't watch them go in circles for a couple hours though. Those drivers are skilled, the mechanics/engine builders are, for lack of a better word, amazing.   I do watch it when they go on a road courses though otherwise I'll watch a few laps here and a there and listen to the cars.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#6]
At one time,one could go to the dealer parts dept and buy the same parts as on NASCAR's(hell,even option out them too,radio and heater delete,rubber flooring,big engines with high-rise intakes,think 427 side-oiler).
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Nascar...what a fucking joke. The only thing a nascar vehicle has in common with a REAL "stock" car is that they both have 4 tires and a steering wheel.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nascar...what a fucking joke. The only thing a nascar vehicle has in common with a REAL "stock" car is that they both have 4 tires and a steering wheel.

Actually, they use the roof.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my point
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top