Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 4:04:59 PM EDT
I am looking to get into a compact that gets high MPG and hear good things about the Toyota Echo.
I know 2005 was the last year so am looking at 2002-2005 year models.

Anyone own one?
Any Toyota Shop Wrenches have anything bad to say about them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am looking to get into a compact that gets high MPG and hear good things about the Toyota Echo.
I know 2005 was the last year so am looking at 2002-2005 year models.

Anyone own one?
Any Toyota Shop Wrenches have anything bad to say about them?

Thanks

tag
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
My girlfriend has one (it's for sale, incidentally, but I don't know for how much). Good news: It's been stone-cold reliable and gets 40 mpg. Bad news: It feels like a cat-food can on wheels and the thought of an accident with it makes me queasy. I'll stick with my diesel pick-up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if I'd buy one, I heard there was a factory recall because the workers put the instrument cluster in the wrong place

Seriously, I hear it's a nice car.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont know why they put the guages in the center
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My girlfriend has one (it's for sale, incidentally, but I don't know for how much). Good news: It's been stone-cold reliable and gets 40 mpg. Bad news: It feels like a cat-food can on wheels and the thought of an accident with it makes me queasy. I'll stick with my diesel pick-up.

That's why I've never been fond of the small compact cars. Seems like they could fold up much like a catfood can in a wreck. It sad really to see how thin steel(the ones that even still have steel) has gotten on the years.
1. 05 Chevy Silverado pops in easily
2. 71 Pontiac Firebird pops in but you really gotta hit it and your hand is hurting
3. 30s model Chevy coupe a relative owns.....well you might as well whip out the insurance card cause your hand is prolly broke.....

Back to the Echo, it is a Toyota so it's probably well made and a good vehicle aside from being small. I've known one person who had one, they never complained and just raved about the fuel economy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I dont know why they put the guages in the center

I don't know either.

FWIW I had the pleasure to ride in a Saturn Ion once that had the center gauges.  It's just a stupid idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top