Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 6:32:37 AM EDT
So I've run K5 Blazers, early 70's Mustangs with the 351C engine, Volvo sedans and wagons, and been an Audi owner.  I'm ready for something sporty again.  

Lexus appears to kick ass on reliability and build quality according to CR, JD Power, etc. and I am really tired of taking my car to the mech, something that recently steered my off of purchasing a BMW 3-series that I otherwise enjoyed testing.

I've never liked Japanese cars aesthetically save the old FJ40 and 60 LandCruisers; but the Lexus coupes, made from 1991 to 2000 (basically a super Toyota Supra) have a drivetrain designed for twin turbo use, are comfortable, sporty enough, and reliable.  I live near a major east coast city (sadly!) so I won't be driving it fast very often. I know BMWs and Porsches are hotter, but a used Lexus - say a 1997 or 1998 (gated transmission) looks like a good compromise and a pleasurable driver.  I'm looking at the $10 - 14k price range.  (The domestics I like are basically Hemi-powered).

Any comments?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top