Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 5:53:34 AM EDT
http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL285/1460516/3652893/44880925.jpg
2002 Indian Chief, 23,000 miles...100ci motor.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL285/1460516/3652893/44880925.jpg

quiet nice!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Who the hell let you in here? I can't remember if you gat that from Dave or in Charleston.
I have an '01 Scout that Dave and I put a PP100 into. Dave has one as well. Good to see you made it over here. I've seen you post on some of the Indian boards. Welcome.
Scott in SC
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
That's real nice, man.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Real sad that Indian went under. Liked the old look they had.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL285/1460516/3652893/44880925.jpg

quiet nice!

nice - yes

quiet - I hope not

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's real nice, man.

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
You have a very nice piece of history there. Take care and enjoy that beauty.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought it from American Biker but had Dave do some work for me a few times....  How is Dave doing?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Real sad that Indian went under. he

They are in business again.....soon after the investment company tried to play hardball and get more money and had their bluff called...it went up for liquidation.  A year later the same guys that bought Chris Craft boats in Florida and brought them back to a very profitable company as a  part of American History....bought Indian and all the rights.  They have been working slowly behind the scenes for over a year to make damn sure it is done right this time.....David Wright is the CEO and is temporarily working out of Sarasota office of Chris Craft until they finalize a deal on a new factory that appears like it will be in Florida, Alabama or even here in South Carolina.  My bet is in Alabama though...

they are building based on frame and motor Indian developed and sold starting in 2002....all proprietory parts.  PP100 motor is a EVO on inside but outside is completely new....  There is some information on the Indian Motorcycle website...and David will be at our rally in Branson (Indian Point) in May with two of the major engine guys currently working on the PP100 and doing improvements.

right now he is calling for 2007 year bikes to be available in limited run Fall 2006...likely around 200-300 bikes.  With production slowly growing as demand and stability grows with them...

Damn glad I got mine when I did...but also glad that they are being reborn...and hopefully these guys will do as good a job with Indian as they did with Chris Craft boats....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:59:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Lets hope Brock. But you know how these things mostly end up. Excelsior Henderson didnt last too long on its rebirth, BImota died a coupel years ago, MV Agusta has been sold 3 times in teh last 2 yrs, Ducati came close to biting the big one. Other than Victory, HD and teh Big 4, sales arent that great for the smaller niche bikes. Alot of HD guys here just look at Indians as nothing more than HD clones. Then again many of teh same guys probably ride maybe 1000-1500 miles a year max. Thats a weekend for me sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#12]
you got that right....but most of the ones that say clone are just talking smack and dont know.  Lets see...proprietory frame...proprietory motor...proprietory skins...Indian on title.  

If they want to argue..we can ask about the AMF years....or how come they had their anniversery the first 50 years in 1955 but then had second 50 in 2003....LOL.

Oh well...I have heard everything from HD built the motors (SS88 was assembled in Indian Motorcycle after parts were bought direct from S&S; PP100 was inhouse design and build with subcontractors)....to HD bought Indian to make sure they never build bikes and are only going to sell tshirts and stuff to keep name alive....which is also false.

yep, I am with you.  I will believe it when I see them rolling down the road again....as it has failed twice now...but hopefully David Wright and gang has a better and more realistic business plan than just pumping as many bikes and as much money as possible into the market to get rich fast...I thnk their run at keeping it a niche bike and not trying to compete with HD is wise.

Like I said...I got my Chief and she is not going anywhere but I will go lust after new ones if they do a factory at Barbermotorsports in Alabama or somewhere else here in southeast.  Plus the CEO rides a Chief....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I hope they make it this time.  Another American made motorcycle is a good thing IMHO.  It was unfortunate that they got tagged with the HD clone label - they should have come out with the 100 motor from the get go.  Maybe some day I will find an Indian inline four in somebody's barn waiting for restoration.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I hope they make it this time.  Another American made motorcycle is a good thing IMHO.  It was unfortunate that they got tagged with the HD clone label - they should have come out with the 100 motor from the get go.  Maybe some day I will find an Indian inline four in somebody's barn waiting for restoration.

Maybe so, but the 88 S&S is what the EVO wished it was and is everything the twin cam is and more power wise.  The PP 100 is a good one, with some of the expected problems of a new design. those have been remedied by the factory and aftermarket. The 92" engine was sure to set the big twin world on fire. square bore and all the revs it offered would have been bitchin. I'm happy as hell with my 100" PP engine and it's 100 + HP and the torque from hell.  Add a programable single fire , S&S B carb and Hooker step tuned duals and you have a winner in performance and economy. Go to the G and whoa...... Not much can touch mine except my friend Dave's, Built for the track....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not much can touch mine except my friend Dave's, Built for the track....

I can. 10.34 @ 129mph stock. Then again thats with my wonderful .75 sec reaction time also. Bike is built to go around corners fast, not drag.

Oh this bikes been ridden more in a week than most of teh HD yuppies do in a year. Ride with a local biker club which is 95% HD but are REAL BIKERS (some have questionable arrest records too.) but accept all bikes. Not saying I dont get my fair share of rice jokes, but they also take jokes on their rides back in good form. I put those EZ Bake ovein tinfol pans under all their HD's one day after I got a box of Uncle Bens put on my seat.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I love old Indians!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:31:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Tell Dave hello for me...and you ought to check out the 110 stroker Blackhawk bikes is building in the PP100.....Sweeeeeeeet.  We have a friend that justdeveloped a springer front end for the chief and is going to sell them.

Good things continue to rise from the ashes.....

Now back to weapons...LOL
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice bike. I need to get a street bike, I could convert my Honda XR440 I recently bought to being legal. But I'm really not  to keen on the idea...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#19]
DAMN!!!!That's a sweet looking bike. Is that a S&S motor?????
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
DAMN!!!!That's a sweet looking bike. Is that a S&S motor?????

no, it is Indians proprietory PP100 (EVO style) motor...round jugs, round bottle cap styled rocker covers, proprietory crank case and igntion setup...   I have k&n aircleaner, performance 2-1 exhaust, S&S 561 cam, rejetted....pulling around 113 torgue and 98 hp.....think I can get better so upgrading to 45mm Mikuni and rejetting again soon.

Indian Motorcycle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top