Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 1:34:29 PM EDT
So do you think its ugly as hell or looks ok.  

Still dont look the best in my opinion , but it is big and the seats drop.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#1]
thought it looked like crap till I saw it in person.  it has grown on me
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
thought it looked like crap till I saw it in person.  it has grown on me

Has gotten somewhere with me too.  The color has to be right but it looks good, the Daytona series ones look pretty nice in that Orange.

The dealer allowing me to drive it and treating me like a person helped too
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I am biased.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am biased.  

Im always that way, but are you biased for or against.

well it is a RWD V8
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at my avatar and guess...

I am a Mopar(Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth) Nut, more of a fan of the 60's & 70's, but I still like the new Charger.

I don't know about reliability, but from what I read, the new hemi is a great engine.  They built a very good engine to replace the 360.  The new charger is also wicked fast for a sedan, 13s in the quarter is very fast for a 4200lb car.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#6]
If it came out in 2door, I would buy it, provided I had the $$$.

Until then, I will stick with the luxury model with the same performance, the 300C.  I like it's look better anyway.  It reminds me of the old style cars with the really high waist-lines and turret-like slit-windows.  Its a futuristic 30's gangster car.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap! All that and it only gets a 0-60 in 5.6 seconds? My wife's Forester XT is faster than that...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a neat looking car, but it ain't a damn Charger.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If it came out in 2door, I would buy it, provided I had the $$$.

Until then, I will stick with the luxury model with the same performance, the 300C.  I like it's look better anyway.  It reminds me of the old style cars with the really high waist-lines and turret-like slit-windows.  Its a futuristic 30's gangster car.

The one I rode in I could hear every noise.  It was a 300C, and I could hear the tires on the pavement, didnt seem to have any sound deadening at all
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DC stuff looks good the first year it's out then it looks like it came from the 80's, they age VERY fast. The 300 looked great when it came out now they are almost laughable looking and sales have gone through the basement on them.

With the 300 I see way too many on the road that seems to be part of it, same with the Mustangs
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
DC stuff looks good the first year it's out then it looks like it came from the 80's, they age VERY fast. The 300 looked great when it came out now they are almost laughable looking and sales have gone through the basement on them.

Wolfpack, that reminds me of what happened when the PT Cruisers came out.  They were "teh awesome" until two years later when they lost their luster.

I saw one last year at the Chicago Auto Show.  I'm going to take a look when I go this upcoming Saturday.  I'd rather go for a Magnum SRT-8, 425 hp....but I'm a GM guy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a pic of one ?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Got a pic of one ?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Got a pic of one ?

What?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Comparing the overall trunk/sapce of the Charger vs Magnum not a huge difference.

Chargers got a trunk like my 95 Impala, except the seats in the Charger drop, it would hold alot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#18]
The seats in both the Magnum and Charger both drop...

I own an 06 Charger RT in Inferno Red Pearlcoat...before this, I had a Dodge Ram 1500 w/ Hemi.

Compared to the Ram, the Charger feels like it's a go-kart to me. It corners better, handles better, and I can swing the rear end around on a curve with my right foot. Styling-wise, the tail lamps are eh to me, but *shrug* I got over it.

The only thing I truly am not happy with is the stupid nanny (electric stability program). You can't shut it all the way off. It gives you a fair bit of playroom, but if you get too rambunctious it kicks on and reigns in the fun. There's a group of people working on ways to bypass or disable the system, but until then...there's not much you can do. (The SRT8, apparently, DOES have a full ESP disable switch. The regular Chargers don't.)

It rides well, it's fairly quiet, it's comfortable, and it handles pretty good in the snow. I only got stuck once, and it was my own damn fault.

Having said all that...I half-wish I waited because the new Challenger looks awesome But, having a 4 door car with a nice trunk and plenty of get-up-and-go is plenty nice
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think the new Charger is pretty cool. We have seen afew of them in the shop, fairly nice interiors.

Yep. If you don't want leather, better not get one with a Hemi...all RT's come with leather standard.

My RT is a base RT with exactily one option; the paint color. Kinda wish I had gotten a sunroof with it now, but it's still fine with me as-is

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yep. If you don't want leather, better not get one with a Hemi...all RT's come with leather standard.

My RT is a base RT with exactily one option; the paint color. Kinda wish I had gotten a sunroof with it now, but it's still fine with me as-is

Why do auto makers always think that people who want higher performance also want "luxury"? Ditch the leather, power everything, wood grain this and that, etc. give me an asskicker with minimal niceties.

That's why I love my Wrangler YJ. The gauges line the dash over to the passenger seat instead of in a neat little cluster. Everything is flat on top and squared off instead of cushy rounded edges everywhere. There's no AC, no cruise control, no power windows (no glass windows except the windshield), no power locks, no trunk release, no power mirrors, no heated seats, no daytime running lights, no leather, no pre-set seat positions, no motorized pedals, and no stereo/climate controls on the steering wheel. Now, granted a few of those I'd probably want in a car - but my point is they should be options.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought you were going to get a GTO?

Of course if trunk space is a necesity for you then skip the Goat.  The gas tank is between the trunk and rear seats so they can't fold down.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#23]
They look to small ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I really like them, but using the charger name was a plan that backfired.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Should be a 2DR, they really screwed that up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#26]
<-----------------------   I'm holding out.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I thought you were going to get a GTO?

Of course if trunk space is a necesity for you then skip the Goat.  The gas tank is between the trunk and rear seats so they can't fold down.

I was but they dont want me to look at one, just buy it
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Holy crap! All that and it only gets a 0-60 in 5.6 seconds? My wife's Forester XT is faster than that...

Do you have any idea how quick that actually is? Yeah the Subaru is quick, slightly quicker than the Charger...and way uglier, but 0-60 in 5.6 seconds is no slouch. Especially for a car that weighs over 4000 pounds.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have any idea how quick that actually is? Yeah the Subaru is quick, slightly quicker than the Charger, but 0-60 in 5.6 seconds is no slouch. Especially for a car that weighs over 4000 pounds.

Not to mention the Charger will come rolling on by shortly after. Maybe if the Charger were AWD....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
<-----------------------   I'm holding out.  

Yeah when/if the new challenger comes out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:48:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I really like them, but using the charger name was a plan that backfired.

I Like the car alot, I agree that it shouldn't have a Charger badge
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#32]
The Charger doesn't look to bad but I agree"wrong name" how about Cornet?

The Challenger is sweet! I would like to see a few low optioned cars as well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:21:50 AM EDT
[#33]
I will never understand people that are concerned with the name on the trunk.  If you like the car you like the car, if it performs like you want it to then it performs.

FYI, the SRT-8 Charger out-performs any of the "real" chargers that Dodge ever produced in the factory in any sort of numbers.  For that kind of performance they could call it the "Dodge pink bunny rabbit" for all I care.  Badges aren't permanent if you don't like what they say.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I will never understand people that are concerned with the name on the trunk.  If you like the car you like the car, if it performs like you want it to then it performs.

FYI, the SRT-8 Charger out-performs any of the "real" chargers that Dodge ever produced in the factory in any sort of numbers.  For that kind of performance they could call it the "Dodge pink bunny rabbit" for all I care.  Badges aren't permanent if you don't like what they say.

Dont care if it "out performs" the REAL Chargers of the 60's and early 70's. They pur a well respected nameplate on car that really has no business with the name. Same thing that Dodge did in the 80s putting Charger on a 2 door omni. Coronet would had been better sicne you could get a coronet in 4 drs. Monaco would had been another. There were rumors that GM was gonna put the camaro name on the old Cavalier Z24 when they decide to dump teh Z24 name. Ironically the Camaro was originally supposed to be a station wagon. Dodge should had just made a new name for it instead of going back to the 60's.

Personally I wont buy another Dodge until Daimler is removed from the picture.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have any idea how quick that actually is? Yeah the Subaru is quick, slightly quicker than the Charger...and way uglier, but 0-60 in 5.6 seconds is no slouch. Especially for a car that weighs over 4000 pounds.

A pair of radial street slicks would help that too.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I am holding out for the Challenger in the Lime green.  My retirement gift to myself.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#37]
I personally like the charger, but not as a sports car, the dodge i would really like to get would have to be the Ram SRT-10, with the vidper engine, i was at the chicago autoshow yesterday, and they had a little test track with a few diff cars on it, and on the performance section, the ram went from probly 0-35 in about 100 feet, pretty nice... and it looks nice too
But i'd take a charger over a 300C anyday..
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:32:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Dont care if it "out performs" the REAL Chargers of the 60's and early 70's. They pur a well respected nameplate on car that really has no business with the name.

Then your priorities are all fucked up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#39]
I liked them when they first came out, but I can't stand them anymore.  When they first came out, all you saw were the RTs with the nice wheels, dual exhaust, etc.  Anymore, all you see it the rental car version with the pizza cutters driven by some 65 year old dude going 55 down the interstate in the left lane (what can I say, I'm in Florida).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I liked them when they first came out, but I can't stand them anymore.  When they first came out, all you saw were the RTs with the nice wheels, dual exhaust, etc.  Anymore, all you see it the rental car version with the pizza cutters driven by some 65 year old dude going 55 down the interstate in the left lane (what can I say, I'm in Florida).

I still dont see that many here.  300s I see alot of though.  Same with the Mustang, cant drive 10 mins to work without seeing atleast 2
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I still dont see that many here.  300s I see alot of though.  Same with the Mustang, cant drive 10 mins to work without seeing atleast 2

I only ever see them in the rearview mirror.  That goes for Mustangs, 300s, AND Chargers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I only ever see them in the rearview mirror.  That goes for Mustangs, 300s, AND Chargers.

As much as I seem to like to GTO Im still pissed at the dealer enough to kill me getting motivated to get one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top