Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 7:54:01 PM EDT
I walked out to my cars which are in front of my neigbors house due to parking being illegal infront of mine only to discover that there were tickets suffed under the windshield of both vehicles. It would appear as though my neighbor does not like them infront of his house, and called the local PD many times over the past couple of days while they have not moved due to my not working, and not driving any where on my days off.

I went down to the station after work tonight, and the lady behind the desk took care of two of them for me, as she remembered when the guy was calling them about us for no reason a couple of summers ago.

I just hope that I can fend this guy off until the construction behind my house is done, and I can park in some where other than the street again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Were you parked in an illegal spot?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, but it appears as though my neighbor did not like my car parked infront of his hous, and called the police. They pretty much had to enforce laws that are rarly excersised. The woman last night took care of two of the tickets, and said that another officer will most likly take care of the rest today. In the mean time they said the would leave me alone until I got a special permit which has not been needed for the past 3 years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#3]
All of the tickets will get dumped due to the fact the neighbor never called you and notified you of his disapproval. Don't be surprised if he has the city put up a no parking sign though. I went through a very similar situation to yours that resulted in a new sign in my front yard.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All of the tickets will get dumped due to the fact the neighbor never called you and notified you of his disapproval. Don't be surprised if he has the city put up a no parking sign though. I went through a very similar situation to yours that resulted in a new sign in my front yard.

Oh, there was not leeway on the other 4 tickests which I tried to do something about today. They told me that the car must move atleast one parking space every 24hrs, or I will get a ticket. The nest one will result in a $100 fine.

I will be very glad when all the construction behind my house is done, and I can park in my regular spot again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Why don't you park on the street in front of your own house, instead of in front of you neighbor's house?

Something that pisses me off is that all of my neighbors kids will park in front of my house.  This is while no one is parked in front of their own house. Where I live, each house has a 2 to 3 car garage and a drive big enough for 2 more cars. Plus in front of each house is room for 1 or 2 more cars on the street.

At times I have had to walk from house to house ringing doorbells trying to find out who is parked in front of my house.  If I am going to be late for work because some idiot blocks my driveway, their car is going to be moved one way or another.   When people park in front of my house nowadays, I get out my leaf blower and do some yardwork.  That gas powered leaf blower sure can blow the ornamental rock we use in or yards down here in Arizona.

Why?  Because the idiots don't know how to park and block part of my drive so that I can't get my SUV out of my garage.  City ordinance states it is illegal to park within so many feet of someones driveway opening, but that doesn't matter to some people.

Or they park in front of my house on garbage pickup day and park right in front of my garbage and recycling bins.  If the garbage truck can not reach my roll out containers, guess what?  My frigging garbage has got to be rolled back behind my house for another week.  

One day, a lady parks in front of my garbage.  I had to call the city and request they call their garbage truck driver to come back and pick up my garbage.  I explained to them that some idiot was parking in front of my garbage after I placed it out.  Luckily they came back as this was the second week in a row someone parked in front of it, it was Summer and 110 degrees out and no way was it going to last another week.

I had already gone from house to house looking for the person who owned it.  No one knew anything.  Finally, here comes the Senora with her young child who she puts in the car with her purse, shuts the door, gets in the trunk, shuts the trunk and then realizes she's locked her keys in the car.  She's in a panic now.  She goes back to the house she was at, about 8 houses down and comes back with a large group of people.  I think they were barbequing a goat or something.

Well, the guy comes to my garage where I am watching the whole thing.  Guess what, I had gone to his house and he stated in broken Spanglish he didn't know whose car it was.  Now he wants me to help them get the car open before the kid bakes.  

I told him I can have the kid out in 5 seconds flat.  He seemed all happy until I pull out my little sledgehammer. I kept offering to help them as they got more and more agitated. Took them about 25 minutes to get that sweaty, screaming kid out of that car.    
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
your neighbor sounds like a real winner
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Burn Him Out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Why don't you park on the street in front of your own house, instead of in front of you neighbor's house?  

As stated in the first sentence of my origional post, the city has made it illegal to park infront of my house.

There is so much construction going on in my back yard and what not, I am left with no recourse, but to park infront of his house. I don't block his drivway at all. Trust me, I would rather park in front of my own house to save the trouble, but for about another week I am left with no place to go.

Oh, and I am not sure if I have mentioned it before or not, but he always backs his car into mine when parking his ride on the street. He just leaves it pressed up against my bumper until he feels the need to move it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As stated in the first sentence of my origional post, the city has made it illegal to park infront of my house.

That's what I don't get. You have construction at the back of your house, can't park there.  It is illegal to park in front of your own house, but the neighbor can park in front of his house legally(?), but it is illegal for you to park in front of his house?  Or is it illegal for anyone to park on either side of the street?

I know that some of the residential areas out here have posted parking for residents only.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Here I thought your 6 tickets were speeding tickets or something...

...to which I would have replied: "You need to build a faster car!"  

This really sucks though, hopefully things change.  Have you talked to your neighbor about it yet?

This may not be possible...but can you park your car in your front yard?  Or is that a big no-no where you live?  If it were me, I'd put down a big tarp w/ a sheet of plywood over top, and park on that.  
You might kill your grass, but it'd be cheaper than the tickets.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Fight the tickets... sounds like all you have to do is get the neighbor in court and have the judge hear hims say how he never expressed any problems with you personally.

Quoted:
Something that pisses me off is that all of my neighbors kids will park in front of my house.  This is while no one is parked in front of their own house. Where I live, each house has a 2 to 3 car garage and a drive big enough for 2 more cars. Plus in front of each house is room for 1 or 2 more cars on the street.

I avoid parking on the street because my neighbor's shithead kids play catch by throwin the ball from their yard, across the street into my yard. They generally bounce a ball off any cars on the street atleast a few times.

Everyone on my street has a driveway and only parks on car in it and put the rest on the street, even though they could fit two more cars in the driveway.

At times I have had to walk from house to house ringing doorbells trying to find out who is parked in front of my house.  If I am going to be late for work because some idiot blocks my driveway, their car is going to be moved one way or another.

Start knifing tires and call the police and say there's an abandoned vehicle blocking your driveway.

City ordinance states it is illegal to park within so many feet of someones driveway opening, but that doesn't matter to some people.

How many people that move into a city do you think run right out and pick up the latest copy of the city ordnance so they know stuff like this?

Or they park in front of my house on garbage pickup day and park right in front of my garbage and recycling bins.  If the garbage truck can not reach my roll out containers, guess what?  My frigging garbage has got to be rolled back behind my house for another week.  

Putting your garbage cans on the hood of their cars should cure this problem.

I had already gone from house to house looking for the person who owned it.  No one knew anything.  Finally, here comes the Senora with her young child who she puts in the car with her purse, shuts the door, gets in the trunk, shuts the trunk and then realizes she's locked her keys in the car.  She's in a panic now.  She goes back to the house she was at, about 8 houses down and comes back with a large group of people.  I think they were barbequing a goat or something.

At 110 degrees they she was probably BBQ'ing the kid she put in the car too.

I told him I can have the kid out in 5 seconds flat.  He seemed all happy until I pull out my little sledgehammer.

You could have turned the hose on the car and said you'll keep it cool while they pool their car-breaking-into skills together.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Fiht the tickets... sounds like all you have to do is get the neighbor in court and have the judge hear hims say how he never expressed any problems with you personally.

Quoted:

I avoid parking on the street because my neighbor's shithead kids play catch by throwin the ball from their yard, across the street into my yard. They generally bounce a ball off any cars on the street atleast a few times.

Everyone on my street has a driveway and only parks on car in it and put the rest on the street, even though they could fit two more cars in the driveway.

At times I have had to walk from house to house ringing doorbells trying to find out who is parked in front of my house.  If I am going to be late for work because some idiot blocks my driveway, their car is going to be moved one way or another.

Start knifing tires and call the police and say there's an abandoned vehicle blocking your driveway.

City ordinance states it is illegal to park within so many feet of someones driveway opening, but that doesn't matter to some people.

How many people that move into a city do you think run right out and pick up the latest copy of the city ordnance so they know stuff like this?

I told him I can have the kid out in 5 seconds flat.  He seemed all happy until I pull out my little sledgehammer.

You could have turned the hose on the car and said you'll keep it cool while they pool their car-breaking-into skills together.

I guess you can read minds, because most of what you have posted I have thought of doing.  I live in an Association which sends out a monthly newsletter with regulations and the city ordinance on parking.  People ignore it.

I've thought of giving flat tires but it is too easy to get caught.  I do have this thick spray lubricant witha nozzle that does a pretty good job on windshields though.  That lady must have been getting a diaper out of the trunk

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That lady must have been getting a diaper out of the trunk  

Yeah, becase anyone stupid to block someone elses driveway with their car clearly doesn't have enough sense to know that changing their baby's shitty diaper in a closed car baking in 110 degree heat is not the most appropriate place.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, just to clear up the confusion...

I cannot park in front of my house because the city moved the right turn lane for the intersection that I am two houses in from. It now extends all the way back to the edge of our property rather than just a few car lengths before the intersection. There is also a fire hydrant across the street, so either way I go, I have to park one house over. It is much closer to park in front of my neighbors house that has never liked us (he thought we were gay) rather than any where else. I have begun to move my car back one car length each day, and I can tell it is really pissing him off. We will see how far he wants to take this.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Mak,
I'd have called the Police and told them a child was being cooked alive in a locked car and the parents wouldn't break the window to save their child. Then I would have taken my hammer, rock whatever & busted a side window to rescue the kid. Those parents are a POS. Whats more important than your kids. I'd make a few ememys about it but I'd be damned if they tried to stop me. I need a chill pill cause some people shouldn't have kids &  if they won't take care of them then they shouldn't be allowed to.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Fight the tickets... sounds like all you have to do is get the neighbor in court and have the judge hear hims say how he never expressed any problems with you personally.

Quoted:

This might work for futute tickets, but he didn't move his cars for 24 hours, which triggered the tickets.

This is a revenue maker for the city, they won't likely erase the tickets, but maybe you could talk to the day desk sgt or something aobt future tickets.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I think after trying to be nice about it and that getting me no where and the neighbor still acting like an ass, there would be unexplained things happening around his yard. Maybe dead grass, dead bushes or something like that. I bet I could get creative.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Why don't you park on the street in front of your own house, instead of in front of you neighbor's I had already gone from house to house looking for the person who owned it.  No one knew anything.  Finally, here comes the Senora with her young child who she puts in the car with her purse, shuts the door, gets in the trunk, shuts the trunk and then realizes she's locked her keys in the car.  She's in a panic now.  She goes back to the house she was at, about 8 houses down and comes back with a large group of people.  I think they were barbequing a goat or something.

Who let her out of the trunk?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:37:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have begun to move my car back one car length each day, and I can tell it is really pissing him off. We will see how far he wants to take this.

I'd be inclined to keep that up for a few months after the constructin project is over.  Just for fun.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:59:03 AM EDT
[#20]
get a driveway
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:15:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Turn on the sprinkler.

good ole"jimmy" was having garage sale, and of course the hordes come out of the wood work, and park in front of my house, No problem as long as no one blocks my driveway so I can come and go without being blocked in, or park in front of my mailbox.

Well he had one "customer" park in my front yard, Yes in my front yard, I asked the driver to move his car off of my lawn and back into the street, I was told NO he would park wherever he wanted. The driver then walked next door to the garage sale.

Now it was fairly new Honda, and it was awarm day and the windows were down....and my lawn did need to be watered...

Yup, I turned on the sprinkler and let it rip, of course alot of water went into the honda...

Driver came back about 20 minutes later and was pissed when he saw my yard being watered.

He said he was going to call the cops, I said go ahead, you are parked ON MY LAWN, I asked you to move, you refused, can I help it if you are dumbass who parks his car on someones lawn, with the windows down and a sprinkler running?

I said, get the damn car off of my propertie before I have charges filed against you for tresspassing and destruction of my lawn.

His jaw hit the ground, and he left without another word.

The sprinklers stayed on the rest of the day, no one parked anywhere near my house the rest of the day.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
get a driveway

When I lived in NYC my dads house had a driveway with a car in it. For years the neighborhood morons would partially block or completely block the driveway. It was a never ending excercise in frustration.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Not a good thing to park on a lawn in developed areas. some people dont realize that there are gas and water as well as sewage lines under all of that pretty lawn. Im sure a little honda wouldnt hurt but I have seen people back ryder trucks right up to the front door and seen the puddle develop after they leave.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top