Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:30:33 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking. I have a '97 Prelude SH with a factory CD player. When I try to play CD's, it says PE-O on the display. The radio works fine, but it wont play CD's. Anyone know what this means and if I can fix it? I am trying to sell the Prelude and would like to fix this before i sell it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
In my neck of the woods, you are looking at about a $100.00 repair bill at a service center. I would buy a $100.00 CD player at Best Buy and slap it in.

i'll give this the ole +1

the owner's manual in hondas usually has ten tons of info about the audio system- you probably already checked there though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Try finding a new cd player at a junk yard.   Probably expensive being that it's a honda part, but that's probably what they are going to do to fix it....replace the sterio.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Try finding a new cd player at a junk yard.   Probably expensive being that it's a honda part, but that's probably what they are going to do to fix it....replace the sterio.  

Again, paying $50.00 to $100.00 for a used CD player is not a very smart idea. There are some extremely low priced aftermarket CD players out there.

My dad I think paid $100 for a JVC unit at Crap Buy with free installation for his Chevy pickup.  The JVC unit is nice...has a remote control, Sirius compatible, detachable faceplate.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top