Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 8:12:58 PM EDT
I bought a Corvette! 2000, C5 FRC with 23,000 miles for 23k.

Mint, pewter, HUD, six speed, new rubber, BOSE stereo, blah blah power everything...

OMFG! What a car! I bought it at Carmax in Orlando and drove it home tonite. Shit this car is fast, fast, fast! I have never driven a car this nice in my life and I have driven a lot of luxury cars and a few sports cars.

Did I say fast? I think and hope I'm old enough and mature enough to drive this car but it sooooo easy to go fast without even trying.

Pics to follow but I'll be busy for a few days so it may take a while.

I highly reccomend Carmax. What a pleasant experience and what a great deal!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope it works out good.  I keep wanting to replace mine.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome Pooby!

Please provide pics when you get a chance.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Awesome Pooby!

Please provide pics when you get a chance.

I'm busy the next few days but I'll get them up soon!

Picture this car:

...in this color:

I am so fucking stoked about this! I just drove back from Orlando and this car is awesome!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats brother, I know you enjoyed the ride home and I bet you observed the posted speed limits.
I said observed because I'm sure you caught a glimpse of one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Update: Took her for a long drive today, I was on the road for 5+ hours. I'm liking her more every mile as I get used to the way it drives. When you push an F-body, they tend to understeer so you have to be careful in fast corners, especially decreasing radius ramps. Not this car, it stays flat, sticks hard and goes where you point it. It can easily out corner any F-body car I've ever driven.

Very confidence inspiring and easy to drive fast although I'm still learning the car. I'm finding that I'm about ten or twenty mph too slow in most corners. I'm driving 'Firebird' and the car is saying "uh...Corvette dumbhead!".

I almost forgot to take pics and it was after dark so I stopped in a Lowe's lot with lighting and took these at 1/3 sec shutter speed with flash, 640x480, braced on my knee. Minolta A2 set at 28mm eq.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Love it.

One question, is this replacing your firebird?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Love it.

One question, is this replacing your firebird?

I'm going to hang on to the bird for a bit. My parents may fly down for Feb and I'll give it to Dad for the month if they come. We'll see after that.

If I sell it, it will go towards mods for the Vette. Corsa Indy X pipe and mufflers and Vararam widemouth intake. Maybe a set of headers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice.

My father had a 'vette, 2000 C5. He ended up giving it back after the third time of having the AC unit dump water (big time) into the pax side of the car.

He misses having a vette, he is rolling in a STS now. He takes care of his in-laws ( my grandparents) and moving them around is a little easier now.

Good luck with it, the Corvette is such a true, beautiful sports car with nothing else like it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#9]
That is a really nice ride. Nothing like looking good and going fast.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#10]
nice.... drop a K&N and install some straight pipes in that thing....

Congrats
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top