Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:58:07 PM EDT
I found an 84 Landcruiser with 25K miles on a rebuilt engine.  It looks awesome, the interior has a few stains on the cloth but no tears and all the carpet is in excellent shape.  There are a few paint chips with rust on the side but no other body damage.  The tires look almost brand new, at least 90% tread on LT tires.  Not sure but I think there are dual CD decks mounted in the dash.  Hubs move very freely and smooth.  Now for the question.  Is it worth $4,800?  I don't think I would go over $4000 as an 85 books for $2,500 with 25K original miles.  If I can get the financing is it worth it?  By the way it is a private seller.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I love the old LC's, I service an '83 regularly at the shop, my boss has worked on it since new. They are good strong jeeps but that's way too expensive. It's still a 20+ year old truck.

If you really like it and you can get it for under $2500 then go for it, but it should be in excellent condition mechanically for that price.

If you make the deal have your mechanic take a good look at it before you buy it!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:46:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Would it not be worth closer to 3k with the new engine?  I suppose it would depend on the quality of the rebuild and the skill of the person that did it.  Wednesday I saw an 88 LC for $6,800, what is with people asking so much?  I would really like to have it since my Toy truck may crap out any day, though I don't intend on getting rid of it even if it does.  Which is the better engine, the 4 cyl. or straight six.  I realize the six would have more power, but how much would that kill gas mileage?  Do you know where I might be able to get estimated MPG for it?  Searched google but found nothing helpful.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Register and post here:

www.ih8mud.com

This is a great site for 'cruisers, they'll have the answers you need.  I see 2 of them in the FS section of your year for $3k and $3600.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top