Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 12:37:57 PM EDT
Seems like a good idea. Anybody use it or have opinions on it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Works great, I've recovered many stolen cars using Lo-Jack.  Plus its a lot of fun for the cops and you get you're car back................Now thats what I call a Win-Win.    Oh, and the bad guy is always mystified as to how they were caught!  LOL  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lojack. Nope. Try GPS tracking, you can track you vehicle instantly. You don't need 2 police cars to triangulate your cars position.

Will it phone you when your car is stolen like LoJack?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Have it installed on two of my vehicles, never had to use it but it does get you a discount on insurance
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Have it installed on two of my vehicles, never had to use it but it does get you a discount on insurance

Florida gives 25%. Is that just on your theft coverage or your total bill?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't looked at my policies in a while but I seem to remember 12% savings on the total policy and I have riders to cover contents as well
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#7]
If I had a civic or integra I'd have it.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]
IMO I'd get a vehicle equipped with OnStar that could satelite track my vehicle.  But if you don't have that option or don't want an OnStar equipped vehicle get a LoJack.

I seem to remember two  Cops episode where vehicles (one car, and oddly enough a compressor-type machine) were located with LoJack.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
IMO I'd get a vehicle equipped with OnStar that could satelite track my vehicle.  But if you don't have that option or don't want an OnStar equipped vehicle get a LoJack.

I seem to remember two  Cops episode where vehicles (one car, and oddly enough a compressor-type machine) were located with LoJack.  

At a car forum i used to visit a guy posted about his escalade being stolen.  People asked how come the truck wasnt recovered using the "onstar."  He mentioned that when the bad guy disables the system or cuts it's power (disconnect battery), onstar is useless.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I dont' know of many agencies still using LoJack receivers on their cars. We have one. And I think maybe only 1/10th of the guys on the road even know how to use it. Before you invest, call the local sheriff or police dept and ask if they use the lojack receivers at all. If they don't, there wouldn't be a point to you getting the transmitter.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I dont' know of many agencies still using LoJack receivers on their cars. We have one. And I think maybe only 1/10th of the guys on the road even know how to use it. Before you invest, call the local sheriff or police dept and ask if they use the lojack receivers at all. If they don't, there wouldn't be a point to you getting the transmitter.

Wow.

You just changed my opinion about LoJacks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top