Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2005 6:58:30 AM EDT
Cycle World International Motorcycle Show

Anyone going or been?

Planning to go to the Washington DC in Jan.

Link Posted: 11/26/2005 7:01:34 AM EDT
[#1]
We went here in Ft Worth a few weeks back, good show.
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I always have a good time.
Plus, I don't ahve to drive around to 8 different dealerships to molest the bikes either
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Detroit here, not shopping for a bike, but maybe a set of new leathers boots and gloves.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Some friends and I went last year,  will go again this year to finger fuck more bikes.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be going to the one in San Jose. I bring my 5 year old. He loves to climb on every single bike.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump

Washington show is this weekend!

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
you bastards better bring back pics for the rest of us

It's all but killing me not to shop for a new bike. I am SO ready to buy one but I.....must....... resist
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:35:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Like this?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:47:06 AM EDT
[#9]
ha ha Hardley Dangerous....that's a start!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Is that the new 450 hypermotard from Aprilia?

I hope they put that engine into a street bike,  I'm too fat for a RS50  hahah
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Is that the new R6 or a Yamaha race bike....oh nevermind.

Damn, how much farther can they go!

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:50:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, that's the RXV SuperMoto, and there is a street legal enduro version called the SXV. There will be 450 and 550cc versions, with the 450 making about 70hp. There were a lot of rumors about putting the motor in the RS250 frame or something similar, but I haven't read or heard anything in the last 6 months. Having said that, the motor will probably fit in the RS50 chassis-it's just soooo tiny! I was taking pics of the engine and thinking to myself "Man! You could cover the motor with a basketball!" The dealer at the booth said the RXV and SXV will not be street-legal this year and are mostly just being brought in for racers-BUT: They wil have a 17 digit VIN, and the street wiring harness.

Nice bike, not sure whether I need a supermoto or the enduro. Both are mean as hell. I have seen a vid on the net and the sound is incredible.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#13]
3 measly pics? c'mon you guys, quit teasing
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#14]
The Redskins playoff game is tomorrow, so hopefully the motorcycle show will be a ghost-town.

eta:
They had a Playstation arcade there with a pre-release demo of a motorcycle race game. Like Gran-Tourismo but with bikes.

www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97502/Site/
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to the show today and had a blast! Saw most all the manufactures bring their entire line-ups. I got to check out and try them all on for size. I was very interested in the brands that I don't often see around here such as  Aprilia,  Buell,  Ducati, Husqvarna, and MV Agusta.

I really enjoyed the BWW's too like the F 650 CS Dakar and the new K1200R.

Another weird but notable model was the Ural Russian bike with a sidecar that was 2wd.

The Yamaha R6 with a tach showing a 17,500 rpm redline was there too.

The drive in to the Metro station was easy as was the train ride. Definitely the way to go. Free parking and the Metro stops in the Convention center made the trip nice. We made our way to the Capitol afterwards and a quick trip around the Air-Space Museum to finish off.

I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

ETA: Sportbike Forum pics  and Sport-Touring.net
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
They had a Playstation arcade there with a pre-release demo of a motorcycle race game. Like Gran-Tourismo but with bikes.

www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97502/Site/

Yeah, saw that too. Looks like a good game.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yeah, that's the RXV SuperMoto, and there is a street legal enduro version called the SXV. There will be 450 and 550cc versions, with the 450 making about 70hp. There were a lot of rumors about putting the motor in the RS250 frame or something similar, but I haven't read or heard anything in the last 6 months. Having said that, the motor will probably fit in the RS50 chassis-it's just soooo tiny! I was taking pics of the engine and thinking to myself "Man! You could cover the motor with a basketball!" The dealer at the booth said the RXV and SXV will not be street-legal this year and are mostly just being brought in for racers-BUT: They wil have a 17 digit VIN, and the street wiring harness.

Nice bike, not sure whether I need a supermoto or the enduro. Both are mean as hell. I have seen a vid on the net and the sound is incredible.

What?!?!?

That's a shitload of power out of a 450.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:21:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Dude,.... I KNOW!! The red-line is set at 13,000, it's fuel injected with electric start and titanium valves... The motor STILL weighs less than a CRF450 motor!

I'll bet it's only geared for maybe 110 or so..  

There's a bunch of vids of it on Aprilia's web site and the thing flat git's it in both Enduro and SuperMoto flavors. The bikes have really dominated in Europe this past year, to the point that Honda is said to be lobbying the AMA to not allow it to compete in the 450 motocross and enduro events. There isn't much they can do about the supermoto version though as the bike is already legal there.

It's a real struggle... I just bought a street bike this year so I don't really need a single seat supermoto, and I was planning on getting one of th HDT Diesel converted KLR650's so I don't really need an enduro.. But DAMN I want one of these bikes...

The cool thing about them is that they are actually fairly small bikes. I can't touch the ground on a 125 MX bike as well as I can one of these..

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top