Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 6:23:20 PM EDT
I have a 1998 Saturn SC1 (Manual Trans) that I purchased new.  I've put 105K miles on it and I have not had any trouble with it with the exception of a clogged fuel filter.  I have the oil changed on time every 3000 miles, but have not had any other mechanical maintenance done.  Should I have anything done or wait for something to break?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe change the timing belt...

Sean
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 they are chain driven

if you haven't already, change the serpentine belt and toss some fresh plugs and wires in there and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Plugs and maybe wires.
Flush the brake fluid.
Power steering fluid.
Radiator fluid.
When my civic reaches 100K I'm going to change the timing belt, but also the water pump belt and the ac or power steering (can't remember),  basically all of them while the timing belt gets changed.  Gives me a better piece of mind on longer road trips, cause I sure as hell wouldn't want to blow one out 400 miles from home.
Change your AC filter.  Mine is located under the glove box and it was so full of crap I couldn't believe it after 85K  Bugs, leaves, i believe it was white at one time, it was totally charcoal black when I took it out.
Might also want to change the air filter ever 20K if you dont' already.
MT/AT fluid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top