Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 8:37:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
While I love the numbers on it (except the price, of course) ... I HATE that hood.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
While I love the numbers on it (except the price, of course) ... I HATE that hood.

I don't think anybody is gonna see it, just little tail lights waaaay in the distance
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
to bad its not street legal.............

"Once all 25 are sold no further orders will be accepted for this very special limited edition Corvette. Specifications subject to change without notice depending on availability of parts or design changes.

Last update September 12, 2005.

This package is for off road use only and is not represented to be emissions legal for public highways"
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"Once all 25 are sold no further orders will be accepted for this very special limited edition Corvette. Specifications subject to change without notice depending on availability of parts or design changes.

This package is for off road use only and is not represented to be emissions legal for public highways"

What emmissions?? This is Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
There will be only 25 exactly like that built but Lingenfelter will build whatever you give them the coin to build. A few years back they built an 800+ HP C5 that ran 8's in 1/4 and it was street legal. No emissions laws here in Fl However $80,000 plus the price of the car is ridiculous. I could make that power with a new C6 and $10,000.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Winning that much money i would have this in the driveway:   Saleen  S7

"A maximum horsepower rating of 750 is reached at 6,000 rpm (redline is 6,500 rpm), and 700 lb.-ft. of torque are scorching the Earth when the tach reaches 4,800 rpm. Two twin-ball-bearing turbochargers add 5.5 psi of boost, fed by an air intake mounted to the roof. Spent gases are belched from a stainless steel, high-flow exhaust system.

The monstrous 7.0-liter engine is mounted mid-ship on a lightweight steel frame, and the 2,950-lb. curb weight is distributed 40 percent to the front and 60 percent to the rear. Power is managed by a six-speed manual transmission, propelling the 2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo up to 60 mph in just 2.8 seconds, and getting it past the quarter mile mark in 10.7 seconds. Damn, that's fast. Fifteen inch ventilated discs in the front and 14-inch ventilated discs in the rear effectively slow things down."

Or maybe the Cobra R:  (would think twice about spending $555,000 On the saleen)

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What emmissions?? This is Oklahoma.

LSX series motors respond very well to high flow cats, with a minimal loss of rwhp.  15 (max) hp is not much when you're talking about that kind of power anyway!  So.........................where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
RIP John. He was The Wizard of all things Chevy!

Yes, RIP.
I got the chance to meet John once. His brother Charlie is the President of the company I work for here in NC.
Very nice man and loved to talk about cars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top