Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 6:15:12 AM EDT
My wife's SUV no longer has turn signals. Fuse OK. Hazard lights work. Relay barely clicks. Wife reported that before turn signals went out for good, signals would click on and off at a "very rapid" rate. I think that the relay is out. But, I have no idea where the relay is located and what is required to replace it or diagnose further this problem.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is the relay system??
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked in the Owner's manual and it only mentioned fuses. Are the relays under the dash, under the hood??
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Call your local Chevy stealership,they should be able to tell you.Should be where the fuse panel is.This may work, flip turn signal on,then slap the fuse box,the relay is basically a spring,it USUALLY will work for a minute or two,I do with the big trucks when their relays don't work,it may be a small black box smaller than a cig lighter.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I did talk to the stealership yesterday and they thought that it is probably the flasher. It is under the dash and I just need to figure out which one is for the hazard lights and the other is for the turn signals. $3.00 fix (in theory).

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I did talk to the stealership yesterday and they thought that it is probably the flasher. It is under the dash and I just need to figure out which one is for the hazard lights and the other is for the turn signals. $3.00 fix (in theory).

Drop the lower cover under the dash, if you have a Digital Instrument Cluster it's on the fuse block(drivers side, left corner, under dash)  Otherwise it's on the 'Convenience Center.'

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Fixed it today. $1.68 for the thermal flasher and about half an hour removing and replacing screws. The flashers are above and to the right of the gas pedal. Thanks for all the help. Couldn't let those cops have an excuse to pull my wife and daughter over for faulty turn signals........
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well if the relay barely clicks you might need a new relay system....................

Did you check the "blinker fluid"?

Damn, beat me to it!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top