Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:44:00 PM EDT
Here are some pics of my brand new Deep Water Blue 05 Nissan Titan King Cab SE.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
'Bout time you posted some damn pics

Looks pretty good. The Titan is the only "Foreign" truck I would ever get.

How's that baby run? I've heard good things about that 5.6L.

What's the parts content from the window sticker? I know they're made down in Mississippi, but how much is really made in the US?

Thanks and Congrats on the new truck

Now get that bastard dirty

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It was dirty. I just washed it before I took the pics From what I have read other than a few engine and tranny parts that are shipped from Japan the entire truck is built in Mississippi. The 5.6 is strong as a bitch. These trucks are capable of low 15 second 1/4 mile passes at well over 5000lbs. Easily the fastest of the 1/2 ton pickups including the mighty Hemi. Cant wait to get some exhaust and an intake on it so it can breath. That will probably be a while though. The DOHC V8 is gonna sound sweet
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
congrats man.  i love my Titan and you will to.

if i remember correctly the parts count is 70% US/30% foreign.

definetly fast for the weight, cant wait get the Borla exhaust and intake on mine.  

if you havent been already you could check out www.titantalk.com and www.clubtitan.org

have fun with it, its a BLAST to drive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It was dirty. I just washed it before I took the pics From what I have read other than a few engine and tranny parts that are shipped from Japan the entire truck is built in Mississippi. The 5.6 is strong as a bitch. These trucks are capable of low 15 second 1/4 mile passes at well over 5000lbs. Easily the fastest of the 1/2 ton pickups including the mighty Hemi. Cant wait to get some exhaust and an intake on it so it can breath. That will probably be a while though. The DOHC V8 is gonna sound sweet

Sweet truck.  I just bought a Ford after selling my Dodge

You should have bought a diesel if you want to hot rod around.  Guys are putting exhaust and programmers and are running high 13's with 8000lb trucks

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have bought a diesel if you want to hot rod around.  Guys are putting exhaust and programmers and are running high 13's with 8000lb trucks

Leave the diesels for work. Play is what Gas motors do better.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave the diesels for work. Play is what Gas motors do better.

WIZZO

i would love to have a diesel truck, its just not practical up here around NoVa.  although neither is a full size truck but oh well.  

if i ever trade my Titan in on something it will be for a diesel Titan when they come out in a few years...that'll be awesome
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry if I came off a little frank, but growing up on a farm has taught me that town driving, stop and go traffic, and quick trips (under 5-10 miles and then shut the truck off) are not the way to use a diesel.

Running miles and miles down the interstate is one thing, but treating a diesel motor lake a gas motor is a mistake, IMO, especially when people turn the bastards off as soon as they throw the truck in park. The turbo is really hot and after you kill the motor, is free-wheeling without oil pressure. If you keep that up, you'll be adding another turbo quick.

Sorry for the rant. If I had the cash for a new truck, I MIGHT get a diesel, but only because I could put ag fuel in it

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i would love to have a diesel truck, its just not practical up here around NoVa.  although neither is a full size truck but oh well.  

if i ever trade my Titan in on something it will be for a diesel Titan when they come out in a few years...that'll be awesome

Yeah, I'll have to be honest here.  When the big Japanese come out with their diesels, I'll be lookin at them.

Toyota supposedly has one in the works with 700ft/lbs torque
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I definately did not need a deisel although I know what they are capable of. There are already a couple of supercharger options on the horizon for the Titan and Menard's has built a race verion of the Titan's VK56DE for Nissan's race truck which makes 715hp on the stock block and heads. This engine will have huge potential once it builds an aftermarket. It has 6 bolt mains and the block is sleeved. As I said the heads have been proven to flow well enough to make over 700hp. This motor is no joke. The Hemi is no comparison. It is purely a marketing gimmick. Afplayboy I love it so far and yes I have already joined titantalk and clubtitan
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I definately did not need a deisel although I know what they are capable of. There are already a couple of supercharger options on the horizon for the Titan and Menard's has built a race verion of the Titan's VK56DE for Nissan's race truck which makes 715hp on the stock block and heads. This engine will have huge potential once it builds an aftermarket. It has 6 bolt mains and the block is sleeved. As I said the heads have been proven to flow well enough to make over 700hp. This motor is no joke. The Hemi is no comparison. It is purely a marketing gimmick. Afplayboy I love it so far and yes I have already joined titantalk and clubtitan

i was reading up on the 715hp titan and although the motor can handle the hp, the rest of the truck couldnt.  it has aftermarket intake, ignition/managment system, its dry-sumped, headers, different tranny, different rear-end, and has  a tube chassis.  it would cost a shit load to get it to handle that much hp even if the motor could make it.

i believe it is Stillen that has a supercharger for the Titan, retails around 6K - good lord...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Vortech has a blower in the works as well. Should cost less than the Stillen and make more power. I was just giving an example of the engines potential. I know that race truck is miles from being a real Titan. Heck it's one off regular cab body. I would be perfectly happy with about 450rwhp and 500rwtq which should be pretty easily attainable with no more than the blower, headers and exhaust. Just want to be in the SRT10/modded lightning realm.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Vortech has a blower in the works as well. Should cost less than the Stillen and make more power. I was just giving an example of the engines potential. I know that race truck is miles from being a real Titan. Heck it's one off regular cab body. I would be perfectly happy with about 450rwhp and 500rwtq which should be pretty easily attainable with no more than the blower, headers and exhaust. Just want to be in the SRT10/modded lightning realm.

I got a (slightly modded) Lightning that loves to eat rice, if you're ever up around the Big Bend area, let me know.    None of the Dodge's, including the one Silver SRT10 in these parts, will race me anymore.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#13]
3 of my coworkers have them and they have all had to take them in for front brake problems.  Something about undersized rotors I believe.  I'll try to find out more tomorrow and pass it along.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe once I get the blower. I know modded lightnings will destroy the SRT10. In fact the SRT10 isn't really anything to rave about for the $ and the 500hp. I have seen many a lightning with pulley, chip, headers, exhuast and good tires easily run 11's.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Maybe once I get the blower. I know modded lightnings will destroy the SRT10. In fact the SRT10 isn't really anything to rave about for the $ and the 500hp. I have seen many a lightning with pulley, chip, headers, exhuast and good tires easily run 11's.

Cool beans.  I concur on the SRT-10's (both on and off the track).  The 505 HP is overrated - Ive seen WAY MORE than just a 15-20% drivetrain loss at the rear wheels on dyno days.  The L's, however, were typically underrated (99-00's listed at 360 HP routinely put down 330 RWHP and the 01+'s rated at 380 usually lay down 355 or more, especially the '03-'04's which had a slightly more aggressive tune from the factory, we believe).

Y'all have never lived until you pull a Vette off the line in your FORD PICKUP TRUCK on your way to a 11.26 run with the KB whining!

Congrats on your new truck.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Ahh yeah slightly modded, huh?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ahh yeah slightly modded, huh?

You know the deal.  After the FTVB to firm up shifts, had to have LFP Traction Bars to put the torque down, then the KB, then a visit to JLP when he visited Gainesville FFW, yada yada yada..........once you start modding, it never ends.

Thats why I went Magnaflow in lieu of Bassani (good stuff though) or Flowmasters (which lose gobs of low end torque), not too loud, so if a Lightning can ever be considered a sleeper............

Again, nice looking truck.  A guy at work got one this spring in some deep aqua teal color (dont know the real color name) and its one of the nicest looking factory paint jobs and color Ive seen (no orange peel, very nice application).  The Titans have a nice muscular look to them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Deep water blue. Same color as mine The paint job does seem to be pretty good for a Nissan. My last car was an 03 Sentra SER Spec V and the factory paint was garbage. Yes I do know how the mod bug goes. The Sentra had about every mod you could buy short of a turbo kit and the car before it was a modded WS.6 that broke rear gears on a regular basis Your truck sounds pretty awesome and must be with that Kenne Belle By the way I hate Flowmasters too. They sound good but thats all they do well. The truck will either get Magnaflow, Borla or a Gale Banks exhaust.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sorry if I came off a little frank, but growing up on a farm has taught me that town driving, stop and go traffic, and quick trips (under 5-10 miles and then shut the truck off) are not the way to use a diesel.

Running miles and miles down the interstate is one thing, but treating a diesel motor lake a gas motor is a mistake, IMO, especially when people turn the bastards off as soon as they throw the truck in park. The turbo is really hot and after you kill the motor, is free-wheeling without oil pressure. If you keep that up, you'll be adding another turbo quick.

Sorry for the rant. If I had the cash for a new truck, I MIGHT get a diesel, but only because I could put ag fuel in it

WIZZO

Although I am not 100% sure on deisel trucks, I know that all car manufaturers have been water cooling thier turbos since the mid eighties. This takes the temp in the CHRA down to the point that it will not coke the oil when you shut it off unless you are absolutly beating on it, and just kill the motor litterally a couple of seconds later.

Couple a water cooled turbo with frequent and preferably synthetic oil changes and any reasonable preson should have no need to let it idle down.

However should one feel the need to let the car idle down still, as nice turbo timer can be purchased which will allow the car to run for a user specified ammount of time. they are in the neighborhood of $75 for one of the really fancy ones these days.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Talked to the coworkers today, it's an undersize rotor problem.  Evidently it's extremely common, and the dealerships know about it.  All the guys at my office have had the rotors and pads replaced under warranty with items that are different than what come on the vehicle from the plant.  Unfortunately they haven't made it a recall item though, so you have to experience the joy of warped rotors first, and then they'll turn them the first time, and replace the whole shebang the second time.  One guy got 3000 miles on the turned rotors.

But, otherwise they are all extremely happy with their trucks, other than the gas prices obviously.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ya know my Xterra came supercharged.

how many horses?

ETA:  only thing that stops me from getting an xterra for frtloop is the gas mileage.  i have the titan already, dont need two vehicles getting shitty gas mileage
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#23]
must be nice
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ya know my Xterra came supercharged.

You know the supercharged Xterras are dogs and would get spanked by a Titan?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I have heard about the warped rotor issues. Really no big deal since tons of new cars have the same problem. If the auto makers would just use decnt rotors it wouldn't be an issue. If it becomes a big enough headache. Hell if I even get the problem I will go to autozone and spend less than $100 and the problem will be fixed but from what I have read the 05's have new brake components and don't have the problem. It was the 04's that had brake issues as well as rear end issues. These problems have supposedly been remedied for 05 with better brake parts and the spiffy aluminum differential cover you see in my pic and synthetic gear oil.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

WIZZO

Your info was accurate....20 years ago!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#28]
You might be right. It's just how I learned about the diesels we have, or had, on the farm (at one time; semi, dump truck, Cat bulldozer, 2 different Cat excavators, and 5 tractors)

My info could very well be older than me (you said 20 years, after all) but it's all I know.

WIZZO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top