Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 7:17:47 AM EDT
My friend has a new F150 that we use to haul his runabout.  If you're in the seat for more than 10 seconds the seat belt reminder goes off if you don't buckle up.  Then it beeps again about every minute.  It's a real pain in the ass when we're loading/unloading the boat or just drive to/from the campground.  How do I turn this off?  Wires to cut near the seat belt?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My friend has a new F150 that we use to haul his runabout.  If you're in the seat for more than 10 seconds the seat belt reminder goes off if you don't buckle up.  Then it beeps again about every minute.  It's a real pain in the ass when we're loading/unloading the boat or just drive to/from the campground.  How do I turn this off?  Wires to cut near the seat belt?

Owners manual, under seat belt chime................................................

I could go into the CVPI version, but it involves turning the key, latching and unlatching the seat belt, turining on and off the headlights, latching and unlatching the belt some more............. you just wouldn't believe me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
My mom's TrailBlazer does that too.  I'd Consult a shop manual before cutting wires and pulling fuses.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Just push the button where you clip it together. Works in a superduty.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Wear the belt, if u dont and U get in a good wreck U may not be around after it. It is the law here to wear them. Find a old latch and stick it in the hole.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't cut wires, they are tied to the air bags.  On the new crown vic's if you cut the wire the air bag will not deploy.  In the 2004 and 2005 crown vic's the way to turn it off is in the owners manual.  A quick summery....lights off, all belts undone, parking brake on, advance ignition to active, but do not start.  Wait 1-2 minutes until seatbealt guy goes off, buckle and un-buckle drivers belt 9 times (within 1 minute), leaving belt undone.  The airbag light should gone on, when it turns off buckle and unbuckle , it should then flash.  The "dinger" should now be off, at leat the drivers side until you disconnect the battery and then it re-sets.  Hope this helps, but check manual.  But please wear belt.  However, I disconnected mine so I could leave car running with AC on and load and unload stuff or cool car off without that thing going off.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wear the belt, if u dont and U get in a good wreck U may not be around after it. It is the law here to wear them. Find a old latch and stick it in the hole.

We wear belts out on the road, but for low speed stuff like launching the boat or driving around the campsite it's not necessary.  The beeping is so F'n annoying.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Those Fords have loud dingers.  Pissed me off while I worked for Ford.  

The best and easist answer is Duct Tape.  Find the little speaker under the dash where the bitchinthebox beeps from, and duct tape over the hole.    It dosen't eliminate the beep, but it quiets it way down, this is my personal preference.  

Or you could sell you Ford, and buy a Dodge...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We wear belts out on the road, but for low speed stuff like launching the boat or driving around the campsite it's not necessary.  The beeping is so F'n annoying.

If you cut anything do it with a tinfoil hat on.  The people will take you away....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#9]
"I've watched Red Dawn to many times"

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you plug in the seat belt before you get in the truck?  Meaning, it'll be strapped in and you sit on top of the seat belt?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#12]

This is the method in the service manual.

Safety Belt Minder Deactivating/Activating    

Preparation

NOTE: The driver and the front passenger beltminder are deactivated/activated independently. When deactivating/activating one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this will terminate the process.

Set the parking brake.
Place the transmission in PARK.
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Unbuckle the driver and passenger safety belts.
Deactivating/Activating

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
Wait until the safety belt warning indicator turns off (approximately 1 minute).
NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning indicator turns off or the procedure must be repeated.

For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
NOTE: After Step 3, the safety belt warning indicator lamp turns on for 3 seconds.

Within 10 seconds of the safety belt warning indicator turning on, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
The beltminder activation or deactivation is confirmed by the following sequences:
If the beltminder is enabled, this procedure disables the beltminder for that specific seating position. The safety belt warning indicator lamp flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds to confirm that the deactivation procedure was successful.
If the beltminder is disabled, this procedure enables the beltminder for the specific seating position. The safety belt warning indicator lamp flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds followed by a second series of 4 flashes per second for 3 seconds to confirm that the activation procedure was successful.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I think you should leave it. You put yourself at risk when you dont wear your safety harness. Also, its the law. Click it or ticket buckaroo.

Dont forget to brush your teef before bed either.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think you should leave it. You put yourself at risk when you dont wear your safety harness. Also, its the law. Click it or ticket buckaroo.

+1.

I wear mine all the time.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#15]
damn it stop saying wear your seat belt. didnt he say he didnt want it bing bing bing while he is loading and unloading?

i drive a f 350 with powerstroke as a work truck. that thing annoys the shit out of me. while working its normal for me to move the truck 20 feet then unload stuff then 20 more feet unload more stuff. all the while ding ding ding. whom ever came up with that is a fucking retarded stupid peice of shit.

whew im really pissed about it. i wear my seat belt. i just dont want to put it on then 20 seconds later take it off. will this procedure work for my 2004 f 350? what happens when i take off for a long drive and wear the belt? do i have to go threw that whole procedure every time?

hey ford!! your fucking stupid!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I think he is a big boy and can make his own decisions.  I dont need a flashing light and beeper to tell me to wipe my ass installed on my toilet...

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he is a big boy and can make his own decisions.  I dont need a flashing light and beeper to tell me to wipe my ass installed on my toilet...

I know. I dont agree with seatbelt laws. Let people make their own decisions.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
damn it stop saying wear your seat belt. didnt he say he didnt want it bing bing bing while he is loading and unloading?

i drive a f 350 with powerstroke as a work truck. that thing annoys the shit out of me. while working its normal for me to move the truck 20 feet then unload stuff then 20 more feet unload more stuff. all the while ding ding ding. whom ever came up with that is a fucking retarded stupid peice of shit.

whew im really pissed about it. i wear my seat belt. i just dont want to put it on then 20 seconds later take it off. will this procedure work for my 2004 f 350? what happens when i take off for a long drive and wear the belt? do i have to go threw that whole procedure every time?

hey ford!! your fucking stupid!!!!!

I think it is about the same, but here it is.

Preparation

Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.
Place the gearshift in the P (Park) position.
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Unbuckle the driver safety belt
Place the parklamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position.

Deactivating/Activating

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off (approximately 1 minute).
NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 60 seconds after the safety belt warning lamp turns off.

Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
After step 3 is complete, the safety belt warning lamp will be turned on for 3 seconds.
If step 4 does not occur within 10 seconds at the end of step 3, the beltminder will automatically exit programming made without changing its enable status.
Within 10 seconds of the lamp turning on, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
This will disable the beltminder feature if it is currently enabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning lamp will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
This will enable the beltminder feature if it is currently disabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning lamp will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#19]
thanks i wrote all that down gonna try it in the morning. if it works im gonna give you a man hug :)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Just push the button where you clip it together. Works in a superduty.

They apparently "fixed" that  my 2002 will let me just push the button in and it shuts up, but I have heard that the newer models will not, the Company told me it was "unsafe" to be able to shut it off.

And that is reason number one I am not buying a Ford again, at least not a new one
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#21]
damn it every thing went the way it was supposed to till after the buckling 9 times part, i never got the last flash of the dofus with his seast belt on. i think i may use a hammer next.

stupid part of the whole thing i sometimes buckle the belt and just sit over or on top of it. so because of this reatrded dinger i actually wear the belt kless than i do in my personal vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell, I would just cut the wires on the beeper.

That way you still have the airbags and you're not getting annoyed.

Or you could do the procedeure above.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Things were nice when you could just unhook whatever you did not want. Hell, now everything is integrated into just a few "multi-function control modules", and how ever many that are there "talk" to each other and share info. Take out one, take out the whole car. Makes things "simpler" I guess.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#24]
The owners manual method worked on my 2002 Supercrew. If it doesnt work for you try latching the center belt into your clip. That has worked for me. I DONT agree with seatbelt laws. It should be a matter of personel choice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Go to your dealer and ask for a seatbelt extender.  They should give it to you for free.  I did that in my 2002 Dodge truck and a 2002 Merc Sable.  Just clip the extension into the buckle and the car/ computer will think the seat belt is connected.  You can then just connect your eat belt to the extender if you want to wear your belt.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hell, I would just cut the wires on the beeper.

That way you still have the airbags and you're not getting annoyed.

Or you could do the procedeure above.

WIZZO

i removed the beeper on my dodge.
maybe you can do the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top