Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 4:55:22 PM EDT

I have a 1991 300ZX which runs on R-12 Freon..I've heard that using Freeze 12 is an alternative to having the shop refill with the expensive r-12...Anyone ever use Freeze 12?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Heard it was no good.  I would switch over to the r134a.  The kits are really inexpensive.  Heard the freeze 12 can leak and start fires if exposed to a flame like a bad spark plug wire or something like that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Heard it was no good.  I would switch over to the r134a.  The kits are really inexpensive.  Heard the freeze 12 can leak and start fires if exposed to a flame like a bad spark plug wire or something like that.

That's way too broad of a statement I'm afraid.  For some vehicles the conversion kits are VERY
expensive and time consuming to install.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't use it. Plain and simple. IIRC it's not a drop in and go charge. There's other stuff that needs to be done to your system before you can use it. I'd switch it all over to R134a or pay to have your R12 system fixed. R134a is almost as expensive as R12 now where I live.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm seeing r134 for less than $10 a can at Wal-Mart but I'll probably give Freeze12 a try..I can get a 3 can kit with gauge, leakfinder/sealer, & Oil for $45....That's about what one can of r12 would cost before labor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top