Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:28:44 AM EDT

This started yesterday.  1994 GMC c/k (Sierra).  When I start the vehicle with my foot on the brake (like you are supposed to), a big vacuum sound comes from where the brake petal goes into the firewall.  On the way to work this morning, I had to nearly put it to the floor before the brakes reacted to slow down on the freeway.

Booster going bad?  Why would the whooshing sound be coming from the floorboard?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a problem with the booster.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#2]
yep, brake booster is leaking.  Its located on the firewall just outside the cab.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]

any hope of a fix, or will I have to buy a new one?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The only thing you can do is ckeck for vacuum leaks under the hood.  If the booster is bad it needs to be replaced.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Same thing happend with my Corvette. Pretty easy to change them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top